Football A special THANK YOU to a fellow collector

jaderock

Bench Warmer
Today is Thanksgiving, so here is a "Thank you" story that I would like to share with everyone. It is in regards to the 2006 Leaf Certified Materials Mirror Black NFL LOGO Mark Brunell #1/1 that came up in the 1st week of October.

Background: On 9/28/2006, it was pulled by a Beckett Board Member and I was notified within minutes of it's existence in various sites. I attempted to make several offers to the member, but was turned down. It was simply a wise business decision on their part because the attention this card brought to the listing as well as his store justified it and I fully understand and respect their reasoning. Heck a Brunell listing pulled in 924 views alone!

His generosity: I publicly said that I would not go after the card because of the "unwanted hype and attention" it was getting. Out of the blue, garyr7305, who's a member of a trading site, contacted me and said he would pick it up for me. I was shocked, surprised and ecstatic! I told him repeatedly that he didn't have to do this because at some point the card would resurface hopefully after Brunell got benched, retired or forgotten about. It was a risk, but I was willing to wait it out. However, garyr7305 wouldn't hear any of that and went ahead and made the purchase. In the end, although the ending price was "artificially" spiked by a guy "who would take it to his grave" out of spite, garyr7305 didn't mind and was happy for me.

My Thank you: This THANK YOU goes out to garyr7305 for going out of his way and helping me harpoon a WHITE WHALE before it disappeared. There aren't that many collectors out there that are willing to help each other out in the hobby anymore! But when a person like garyr7305 come along, you don't forget them EVER! I had told him that once before and I have told him that after this as well. I am very appreciative by his generosity. Currently working on a thank you return package for him!

And today's "unveiling"
06lcmmirrorBlacknfl1-1.jpg

In the end, although the ending price was "artificially" spiked by a guy "who would take it to his grave" out of spite, garyr7305 didn't mind and was happy for me.
Details on this. Bored and wanna hear something intresting.

lafastbreak said:
In the end, although the ending price was "artificially" spiked by a guy "who would take it to his grave" out of spite, garyr7305 didn't mind and was happy for me.
Details on this. Bored and wanna hear something intresting.

I didn't want to do the "long version" since this was specifically a "thank you thread."

At some point I may touch on this as it does show the true color of some people.

Anyway, I want to thank those that took the time to read and/or post in this thread. As a die hard player collector, I can count the number of generous folks that I've meet in this hobby on both my hands. Most people will "take advantage" or "price guage" me rather than truly HELP me out.

Believe me, his generousity hasn't gone unnoticed and I WILL repay him at some point! Thank y'all!

It's rare to see that quality from another trader as in your case. I chatted with a guy several years ago on another site, telling him I was collecting quarterbacks from Western Pennsylvania. We made a trade, and when my package arrived, he had added out of the kindness of his heart, a Joe Montana jersey card, a jumbo Randle El jersey card, and several other cards. There are guys on this site and other sites, that too send me packages because they are awesome guys. I try to return the favor when I can. :)

Back