A few older Saints

rexvos

Bench Warmer
After not picking up any Archies for a couple a years, finally made an addition to the Master Set I am working on of him. I am doing them all in PSA 9 unless I luck into a PSA 10 or two.

amanning81tsapsa9.jpg

Then I added 2 rookies for the New Orleans Saints HOF Registry.

bpollard74tpsa8.jpg

and then one of my favorite cards when I was a kid. I liked the unique picture, and also the fact that one of my favorite All time Saints (Eric Martin) was in the background

rmayes87tpsa10.jpg

I liked Mayes as a kid, but I always liked Dalton Hilliard better.

now if I can only find PSA slabbed 1996 Crown Royale Joe Horn, and a 1985 Topps Hoby Brenner.

Great pickups!! Love that picture. It's a shame that the companies really put no effort into quality photography any more. That's one of my biggest gripes about modern sets.

agree with zeeck, hate the lack of different pictures, hate when the same photo is just photoshopped into different sets

That Archie Manning is from the year I started collecting. I remember pulling them out of packs. They were 30 cents a pack.(Man I feel old):(

I agree w/Zeeck. cards where almost like an art form w/the photography back in the day. Sad how lazy card companies have gotten w/it. Great pick ups!

I agree w/ everyone else on the selection of the photos used by the companies. They seem to focus on making the cards flashy w/ too many graphics.

Great pick-ups for your Saints sets. How good was Pollard?

Back