why does Dana White hate Roy Nelson?

sliqwill

Prospect
Transactions: 1
i was a fan of Roy in the IFL days, but Dana White pretty much thinks hes a boring hack...

if thats the case, why did White bring him in for TUF?...same with Kimbo...i think the show has a pretty loyal following and he doesnt need to bring in 'well known' guys from other leagues that have gone belly up...

i agree that Nelson hasnt done much in his 2 fights in TUF, but really he man handled Kimbo in the first flight, but didnt punch him out when he had him on the ground, but really did he need to?...he had perfect position and was showing that he could hit Kimbo in the face as much as he wanted, and Kimbo couldnt buck him off the top...

TUF has produced a number of great UFC guys, young UFC guys, Kimbo and Roy are both 'old' as far as getting a start in UFC...sure they arent as old as Randy and a few others, but those guys have been the UFC for a number of years...

Because he is a boring fighter, with no personality, that seems to be a selfish a-hole that thinks he deserves respect when he hasn't yet earned it in the UFC?

Could be that

but why then let him be on TUF?

I think the reasoning is in the ratings. they dont necessarily need roy or kimbo but the fight between them brought in the biggest ratings for the show ever even though it was boring. now dana can say he hates roy because hes boring so he doesnt take heat from the internet "fight experts"(like myself(sarcasm included) for bringing in a boring fighter when he knows he did it just for the ratings that the kimbo/roy fight would get him

Back