Which second-round pick will have the biggest impact in the NBA next season?

• Mario Chalmers, Heat

Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Joey Dorsey, Rockets

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Chris Douglas-Roberts, Nets

Votes: 10 40.0%
  • Sean Singletary, Kings

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Bill Walker, Celtics

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 16.0%

• Total voters

GotGibson?

Bench Warmer

1. Mario Chalmers, Heat

2. Joey Dorsey, Rockets

3. Chris Douglas-Roberts, Nets

4. Sean Singletary, Kings

5. Bill Walker, Celtics

6. Other

I think 2nd round picks that turn out to be great in their first season are based more on the team and their role on the team compared to the actual player. For that reason I picked the team that I see as being the worst team next year. That would lead me to believe that the rookie on that team would have the best chance at being played and thus have the best chance at being something on the team.

Of the 5 listed I picked the Nets rookie.

The heat have 3 all-star players on their teams. And a nice 1st round draft pick. I don't see many others having a chance to shine.

Rockets again have 2 all-stars and played well this season. That team is a 2 man show and will stay that way.

The Celtics rookie is on a team full of all-stars. I doubt he gets much playing time.

The Kings rookie is going to a franchise that in my opinion isn't a good developer of talent. I don't think he will amount to much this season, however maybe he will show up next season.

For a lower picked NBA rookie, it all comes to playing time. Whoever gets the most quality playing time will probably have the best chance.

Wow. I voted CDR also. That team will be off the chain with him and LBJ in Brooklyn! Too bad they won't get past my Bulls in the ECF.

Back