Football What's the most one sided trade offer you ever received?!

jaderock

Bench Warmer
I was recently contacted by someone online who had a variant of a card that isn't listed in Beckett claiming it was a "1/1".

He has a 1997 Playoff Contenders Clash Gold Mark Brunell/Tim Brown.

NOTE: That particular set didn't come in a Gold variant, but in 2001 Playoff had a retail buyback set that INCLUDED that GOLD card/set in the checklist (which tells me it was a set that wasn't originally released but used in 2001 as "buyback" when in fact it was "inventory previously not used." Although this buyback set didn't have all print runs listed, some cards were listed at 25-50 cards, so if this was indeed a "buyback" set there was more than one copy lying around! ;)

So here's the biggest one sided trade offer I received.

Quoting/summarizing the guy "...the Brunell is worth at least $1500 since a Chris Chandler #1/1" was worth that much in the July 2008 Beckett (I couldn't verify this - CAN ANYONE? ). I would only accept a trade for THIS card:
Adrain Peterson 2007 SPA Gold Auto/Patch RC (#/25) for this possibly 1/1 Mark Brunell 1997 Contenders Gold Clash.

Why is it one sided?!? A Peterson RC that sells in the range of $800-1000 for an "unlisted" Brunell?!? Come on?!

I wasn't sure to laugh or cry.

Well it wasn't that one sided since he offered to include "two ungraded Mark Brunell 1993 Bowman RCs...that makes it 3 for 1" <-- those Brunell RCs sell for .10-.50!!!!

Am I a fool to pass this up?!? What is your worst trade offer???

jaderock,
most of the offers i received on my reggie white auto i ended up selling were pretty one sided.... 80 cash value for the 200 i sold white.... but nothing like yours.... [ps... do me a favor, stop listing the dare to tear... makes me cry everytimei see it... lol

-Tim

Back