Basketball What product is everyone trading for?

TribeBuckeyeFan

Bench Warmer
Been out of the loop for awhile (too long) and looking to get back into it and working on my Jarrett Jack collection. I've been thinking about buying a few boxes of 09/10 UD Draft Edition, simply because you can get a fair amount of auto's from those for the price. Is this worth it from a trading standpoint right now, or should I possibly look into getting something else?

SPX is a good product for autos/game used... but there are a LOT of new products with Panini now in the mix.... bjtheman1 opens his fair share of boxes, he woul dbe a good member to ask ;)

Doesn't look like 09/10 SPX is out yet, and that might be out of the range I want to spend to get the most for my money. I'm cheap - if I can buy 3 boxes of one product and a dozen auto's as opposed to one box of something else and only get one, maybe two auto's, I'm going for more boxes of the cheap stuff.

TribeBuckeyeFan said:
Doesn't look like 09/10 SPX is out yet, and that might be out of the range I want to spend to get the most for my money. I'm cheap - if I can buy 3 boxes of one product and a dozen auto's as opposed to one box of something else and only get one, maybe two auto's, I'm going for more boxes of the cheap stuff.

You won't see 09-10 SPX, Upper Deck lost their NBA License so they are no longer making the products they did in the past. Panini is the new NBA distributor of cards and they aren't that bad. Most of their boxes average 3-4 hits being auto's or game-useds per box.

08-09 products still have some good stuff such as SPX with 1 hit a pack, so 10-hits per box. The boxes are around $100 each, but even 07-08 SPX is still a good deal with the same number of hits per box and they are around $65-85 per box.

If you are truly set on boxes then I'd recommend 07-08 SPX or 09-10 Panini Prestige, Limited, or Certified.

Really depends on your budget too. To be honest though I would purchase singles if I were you, that way you can get more specific cards to your needs and spend only a fraction of the cost of a box.

Well, I've got $270, but I don't really want to spend all of it. I like to buy boxes cuz you always want that big hit, you know? The Debut gives a reasonable shot at pulling an MJ or Lebron auto. Not likely, but the chance is always there, especially now that UD lost the license. I knew about that, but why are there still some products that are 09/10 but under the UD name? Kinda off topic with that, but it's a bit strange the way that is working out. I'll look a little closer at some of the Panini products as well. D&A has some good prices on the Debut, though.

TribeBuckeyeFan said:
Well, I've got $270, but I don't really want to spend all of it. I like to buy boxes cuz you always want that big hit, you know? The Debut gives a reasonable shot at pulling an MJ or Lebron auto. Not likely, but the chance is always there, especially now that UD lost the license. I knew about that, but why are there still some products that are 09/10 but under the UD name? Kinda off topic with that, but it's a bit strange the way that is working out. I'll look a little closer at some of the Panini products as well. D&A has some good prices on the Debut, though.

personally i think the draft edition is junk. unless you pull a ridiculous auto you're gonna be sitting on cards of guys you've never heard of and all in their college uni.

some 09/10 UD stuff got released b/c when they and topps lost their liscense, both brands rushed some stuff out the door before the deadline. But you'll notice that UD is using college jerseys for RCs, and topps had to airbrush the logos off completely.

if I were buying boxes I'd look into the price of Bowman 48. 3 autos per box including some great players like Bill Russell, Bird, Magic, and other stars like Melo, Wade, Rose, etc.
It also features some parallels that can be nice... and lots of people (not me though) had crazy luck getting 1 or 2 "A-list" autos per box.

TribeBuckeyeFan said:

UD'S License ended in October I think, so they were able to still put out any 09-10 products until that point. Debut is weak, yes it's cheap and you get 4 auto's a box but they are cheap autos. The odds of pulling a Lebron or MJ are VERY tough. I'd recommend 08-09 UD products if you still want to try and pull one of those big names.

I can tell you right now, I've spent THOUSANDS on boxes/cases. I've only pulled 1 MJ Auto out of everything I've busted.

Back