Vin Scully

I know that I love Scully and I don't know what I'm going to do when he isn't doing it anymore. He has a beautiful way with words and I love the way that he can say something mean about someone but he doesn't seem like an ass!

Everyone is going to claim that the best is the guy they grew up listening to. I don't see how that makes them a moron...

I grew up listening to Eli Gold do Alabama football games. I can hardly stand listening to him....

"And Coffee RIIIIIIIPS through a huge gaping hole, slashing and dashing between defenders and SOMEHOW MANAGES TO STAY ON HIS FEET before getting tripped up for a 3 yard gain, 2nd and 9"

Not much of an exaggeration. Never know the correct down, distance, time left in the game/quarter, etc.

He does the first three innings on radio.

And anyone who thinks Vin Scully should STFU just isn't right. The man has some of the best stories around and paints a beautiful picture of the game. Hell, he's been doing it for 50+ years!

He is hands down the best. There are others who are close (Kalas, Buck, Sr., Harwell), but Vin is in a class all by himself.

I do believe this is his 60th season with the team cray he annouced the 1955 WS game :D

Harry Kalas or Pete Van Wieren on TBS. I hate the Braves, but loved the crew on tv they had in the early 90's ...

And I love listening to the calls of Matt "Soft Rock" Vascursion out in San Diego. He does football, not sure if he does anything for the Padres though. :salut:

I grew up listening to Eli Gold do Alabama football games. I can hardly stand listening to him....

"And Coffee RIIIIIIIPS through a huge gaping hole, slashing and dashing between defenders and SOMEHOW MANAGES TO STAY ON HIS FEET before getting tripped up for a 3 yard gain, 2nd and 9"

Not much of an exaggeration. Never know the correct down, distance, time left in the game/quarter, etc.
Then why did you keep listening to him? ;)

lets make it happen!

Have you ever heard of the ramp lady? Probably the most obnoxious 'Bama fan on the face of the planet (that's saying something :shock: ). She needs to be part of the crew. Here's a vid of her:

[youtube]uHQofFO-PiI[/youtube]

and another

[youtube]I8Xgp5vtZAk[/youtube]

I like his voice.

I like the south, minus the whole inbreeding / not being able to count higher than 5 thing :shifty: :pop: :shifty: ...

Back