Trade Deadline

AndyDrummond

MVP
Staff member
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
Hey all,

Thought I would get your thoughts on what your team(s) is doing. I’m hearing a lot of Arenado to the Dodgers rumors out here. Can’t say I expected he would be the guy my Cards would move as our 3rd base depth isn’t great, but wouldn’t mind watching him in a Dodgers uniform in the post-season if he does get shipped out this way.

Andy

Hey all,

Thought I would get your thoughts on what your team(s) is doing. I’m hearing a lot of Arenado to the Dodgers rumors out here. Can’t say I expected he would be the guy my Cards would move as our 3rd base depth isn’t great, but wouldn’t mind watching him in a Dodgers uniform in the post-season if he does get shipped out this way.

Andy
@AndyDrummond

Hearing all the same in our area! Arenado seems to be the biggest story, and I keep reading really conflicting things....one day he has declared his undying devotion to STL, and the next there are more rumors, so it will be interesting to see what takes place!!

Yeah that move actually makes sense for the Dodgers as they need infielders baaaad….and for Arenado as well as he is a local boy (Lake Forrest in Orange County I believe). We’ll see what happens!

Yeah that move actually makes sense for the Dodgers as they need infielders baaaad….and for Arenado as well as he is a local boy (Lake Forrest in Orange County I believe). We’ll see what happens!
@grapler135s

I agree, I think Nolan is going to be packing in STL and catching the next flight on his way to sunny Californ-i-ay!!

I expect the Red Sox to do a little of what they did last year hedging their bets by selling some, buying some -- trade some vets away (Kike Hernandez already gone to LA) for prospects and trade some prospects for help now. It's kind of confusing not being all-in one way or the other, but end result is hopefully a better team this year and an even better team in the future.

Rumor this morning is them getting ready for a deal with the Cardinals. Sox definitely need another starter and need others to get and stay healthy. I feel like they are going to be a playoff team.

I hope Baltimore makes moves for pitching... Their bullpen is a mess.
It would be great for Baltimore to become buyers at the deadline this year.

The rebuild has to be better then anyone could have imagined. The front office owes it to their fans to make some additions to a great, young base.

Definitely my AL East crush

I expect the Red Sox to do a little of what they did last year hedging their bets by selling some, buying some -- trade some vets away (Kike Hernandez already gone to LA) for prospects and trade some prospects for help now. It's kind of confusing not being all-in one way or the other, but end result is hopefully a better team this year and an even better team in the future.

Rumor this morning is them getting ready for a deal with the Cardinals. Sox definitely need another starter and need others to get and stay healthy. I feel like they are going to be a playoff team.
I'm surprised to see how much Yoshida, Duran and Casas have helped improve the Sox this year. The Wild Card race may be a bit out of reach, but possible help from Sale and Whitlock and Story could make it interesting.

I hope the front office looks to build on this base, and don't pull another Vazquez.

So, Minnesota Twins.
Already dealt the reliever we traded for at last year's deadline. Became unreliable as soon as he got here. Not disappointed in what we got back for him, but sure miss what we gave up the first time.
Anyway, still dealing with injuries and half a Buxton, but starting pitching keeps us around, big departure from last few seasons.
Continue to struggle in one aspect of the game, losing a heart-breaker in the process more often then not.
Rotation is above average. Young players are beginning to develop and role/bench players pressed into starting roles are better then previously.
It's the pen. Need 1 lefty and a solid 7/8th inning rightie.
Then it's win the central with 85 wins and hope to win a playoff GAME. Forget series.

So, Minnesota Twins.
Already dealt the reliever we traded for at last year's deadline. Became unreliable as soon as he got here. Not disappointed in what we got back for him, but sure miss what we gave up the first time.
Anyway, still dealing with injuries and half a Buxton, but starting pitching keeps us around, big departure from last few seasons.
Continue to struggle in one aspect of the game, losing a heart-breaker in the process more often then not.
Rotation is above average. Young players are beginning to develop and role/bench players pressed into starting roles are better then previously.
It's the pen. Need 1 lefty and a solid 7/8th inning rightie.
Then it's win the central with 85 wins and hope to win a playoff GAME. Forget series.
Buxton had been so tough…all the tools but just can’t stay healthy

Buxton has become a head case. He thinks he's got to hit a three-run homer with every swing and he's striking out with alarming frequency. It's like having two Joey Gallos on the team.
I wonder how much of it stems from the DH only role. Many players talk about how difficult a transition it is to full time, but I agree, he isn't helping the team trying to hit every ball out of the stadium.

Back