Total douchebag IMO.

this guy isnt creating fraud, the second guy is the scum bag, what your saying is like blaming a car dealership if someone sells you a used car under false pretenses
he is selling a pretty cool product and not making any false claims about it, its not his fault if some ass, screws a kid several years down the road

I concur!!!

:D
Let's put out this hypothetical situation:

A 22 year old sees these cards and thinks to himself that he'll pick one up for $10 for the hell of it. Come two years later, the player on the card is a freakin' super star stud. The kid next door is a HUGE fan of the player and tries to collect cards of this player. The now 24 year old decides to sell the aftermarket "novelty" card to the little kid for 2 months worth of mowing lawns. The kid thinks it's real, finds out it's fake a few months later, and is crushed.

The stuff that this seller is putting out makes hypothetical situations like that possible.

I understand your concern, but it's hard to find fault with these auctions without raising concerns about any type of collectible that has the potential to be misrepresented in the aftermarket.

An artist's print can be misrepresented as an original, without the artist being held accountable. And Jon Voight wasn't held accountable when George Costanza bought what he though was his car :D

first off on the latest link, holy idiot buyer...

secondly isnt it a form of copyright infringement with using either the NFL Shield Logo or College Logo?...remember the Classic Draft Picks "Flashback" cards from like 94 that had Aikman and Bledsoe where they had to not use NFL information on the helmets and what not?...also like the Post cereal baseball cards...

These people are tampering with the product of Topps, UD and Donruss. I know in the past UD has put the kiabash down, but they all should be. IF they want to make a novelty card, they can start from scratch like the rest of us and avoid using trademarked items....

First off the buyer is an idiot, but unless I missed it no where in that auction does it state that it was a custom card. I was actually at some lil azz show here in cincinnati and that douchebag was there with all kinds of these custom cards. He asked if I was interested in any of them and I laughed my ass off and walked away. It just kills me the way people are and how they will try to make a dollar out of 15 cents.

What if the buyer is a kid? A father buying a gift for his kid? Someone new to the hobby? You're right. The hell with them.

:clap:

If the buyer is a kid, how the hell did he get an ebay account? Also, maybe times have changed since iwas a kid but when I was a kid, I never had $325.

As to if the buyer was a father buying for his kid, let me ask this; would you go buy a car only because it looks cool without doing a little research? There are a multitude of resources out there for checking on a card.

I do not feel sorry for people who buy an expensive item without doing research.

If the buyer is a kid, how the hell did he get an ebay account? Also, maybe times have changed since iwas a kid but when I was a kid, I never had $325.

As to if the buyer was a father buying for his kid, let me ask this; would you go buy a car only because it looks cool without doing a little research? There are a multitude of resources out there for checking on a card.

I do not feel sorry for people who buy an expensive item without doing research.
i think me and chris have seen eye to eye on this whole thing
i agree, i wont buy anything that expensive unless i shop around first

Back