Baseball Today's "Laugh of the Day" - Baseball Box Breaks

ranbethscards

NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah!
Saw this posted on a FaceBook Sports Card Page.

Brand new boxes that have never been open. 1989 - 1992. Donruss, Topps, Bowman and Fleer. Selling cards at $1.00 each. Let me know if you have a player you are looking for.

Awwww.. the good ol' days of JUNK cards.

The guy is calling this a "blowout dollar sale", but seriously, the junk he is going to get from these boxes will equate more to 5 cents per card if he is lucky.

NOTE: He has not received any comments yet on this posting (over two hours ago) and has not begun posting the "pulls".... lol... pulls from 1989 - 1992... that's a good one... lol

A dollar per card? Dunno if I'd even pay a dollar per pack, lol... it is fun to open old packs though, but really can you find anything of value in packs from those years?

A dollar per card? Dunno if I'd even pay a dollar per pack, lol... it is fun to open old packs though, but really can you find anything of value in packs from those years?
Not really. I suppose if you are looking for super high grade cards and can get them graded 10s you might make a little money...but that's it. Even then, value is pretty small.

When it comes to value from the late 1980s/early 1990s...the key is looking for cards from the specialty sets. Sets such as Topps Tiffany, Score Glossy and 1991 Topps Desert Shield. The standard base sets have basically no value...but they can be fun.

Only certain brands in those years, like 89 UD has the Griffey rc. The brands hes listed will get NOTHING at all, lol. '89 would be Griffey rcs, I picked up all 4 from those brands for 5 bucks a while back, so a bit over a dollar a card for the BEST possible hit. 1991 would be Chipper Jones, again unless its desert shield issue (Issued to service members deployed in Iraq) not even worth a buck, LOL!

Back