The Gone But Not Forgotten Thread

Hey
The human vacuum cleaner has past away 86. Brooks Robinson, perhaps the greatest Orioles of all time and Hall of FamerAs died!
Brooks Robinson, the Baltimore Orioles legend who made MLB history by winning 16 straight Gold Gloves at third base, has died, the team announced Tuesday. He was 86 years old.
Robinson leaves a legacy of defensive stardom that has gone nearly unmatched in baseball history. Before Nolan Arenado, Adrián Beltré, Scott Rolen and Mike Schmidt, there was Robinson earning the nickname "The Human Vacuum Cleaner" across 23 seasons at the hot corner.
Brooks was also one of the greatest ttm autograph signers in history, just a very kind and generous person with his time. He could have made tons of money by making his signature scarce, but he was always happy to sign, asking a small fee (pretty much whatever you wanted to send) only in later years. Rest in Peace.

Tim Wakefield, great Red Sox knuckleballer, 3rd most wins in team history (only 6 behind Roger Clemens and Cy Young), passed away at 57 from brain cancer

I just saw this, how sad. He was a great pitcher for a lot of seasons, 2004 and 2007 WS Champion, and along with RA Dickey, the last of the knuckleballers. Rest in Peace.

download.jpg

It is with a heavy heart that I report this most recent passing.

Dick Butkus, legendary middle linebacker and an all time great Fighting Illini and Chicago Bears player passed away in his sleep this morning at age 80.

My wife Laura and I went to many Illini games over the years, both as students and alumni, and Dick was there for many of them. He always drew a massive standing ovation when he took the field, and always humbly accepted the praise for his accomplishments. Rest in Peace.

images.jpeg

download.jpeg

It is with a heavy heart that I report this most recent passing.

Dick Butkus, legendary middle linebacker and an all time great Fighting Illini and Chicago Bears player passed away in his sleep this morning at age 80.

My wife Laura and I went to many Illini games over the years, both as students and alumni, and Dick was there for many of them. He always drew a massive standing ovation when he took the field, and always humbly accepted the praise for his accomplishments. Rest in Peace.

View attachment 15206

View attachment 15207
As a Packers fan, we had the utmost respect for Dick Butkus. The games where he and Ray Nitschke were on the field featured two of the best MLB of all time.

As a Packers fan, we had the utmost respect for Dick Butkus. The games where he and Ray Nitschke were on the field featured two of the best MLB of all time.
Dave,

I think they pushed each other to get better and play even harder! Two really tough men.

Rudolph Isley, founding member of the great Motown group The Isley Brothers passed at age 84.

6528726a2300005000287eae.jpeg

My very favorite of their songs, always brings a smile:

Piper Laurie, Mom in the original Carrie movie, passes away.

Piper Laurie, Three-Time Oscar Nominee Who Starred in ‘Carrie’ and ‘The Hustler,’ Dies at 91​

Piper Laurie, Mom in the original Carrie movie, passes away.

Piper Laurie, Three-Time Oscar Nominee Who Starred in ‘Carrie’ and ‘The Hustler,’ Dies at 91​

I hadn't realized she was nominated 3 times! Rest in peace.

Back