The fat man just got the axe

Suppose the Bears would rather keep Lovie Smith and axe Ron Turner as OC if the opportunity should present itself. After all, getting rid of a coordinator is always easier and a good scapegoat. Think Weis would be interested in a coordinator position in the NFL?

I have heard he is a possibility as the Browns and Chiefs OC.

Show me a link where Gruden said it is his dream job.

http://espn.go.com/chrismortensen/s/2001/1206/1291048.html
Even though he had innocently proclaimed Notre Dame as "my dream job" back in the summer, Gruden sent word that he will remain as coach of the Oakland Raiders at least for the time remaining on his contract through 2002.

http://www.seattlepi.com/cfootball/49664_pac07.shtml
The Irish wanted Gruden, who has called Notre Dame his "dream job." But Gruden has all sorts of issues, not the least of which is being under contract to a team headed to the playoffs that just happens to be owned by Al Davis, the Darth Vader of the NFL.

there plenty of others artivles. If you google "Gruden dream job you will get 37,800 hits. He said all fo thsi when he coached the raiders but hey if it was his "dream Job" then not sure why it would not be now and he is a FA coach so it is possible.

It will not be Gruden.

Maybe not but it is as good a guess as any. The college wants a high tempo guy that can work with kids and Gruden brings that. It is no secret that I do not like Gruden but he might be perfect for college ball. Now of course ND is going to want a sure thing but there is no one like that on the market right now. I think they are going to go after Cowher or Gruden a coach from the NFL that can get recruits pumped up about coming to ND again.

Maybe not but it is as good a guess as any. The college wants a high tempo guy that can work with kids and Gruden brings that. It is no secret that I do not like Gruden but he might be perfect for college ball. Now of course ND is going to want a sure thing but there is no one like that on the market right now. I think they are going to go after Cowher or Gruden a coach from the NFL that can get recruits pumped up about coming to ND again.
Both would be stupid to go there.

Back