SV opinions on this new rare piece

Krusin

retired hippie
Landed another rare baseball card this week, just arrived via a late UPS. I want to get it up on E-Bay tonight as it's the last day for the BIN freebie listings. Looking at HIS SOLD STUFF & HIS ACTIVE STUFF sorted by price it should be up there with the some of the rarer stuff, does the Brand name have an affect on pricing? I know the "9" hurts a little but it's only numbered to 3 that should help some.

The card card is the one below, I took pictures from different angles none really came out that show the finish that well. How would you sell this beauty and for how much? Just looking for other opinions, I've also considered keeping it, any baseball prospect rookie collectors have an opinion on this kid. Thanks as always hope the links & pic's work if not I'll be back to fix.

back

tilted down to loose the glitter effect

sterling is garbage compared to chrome...I think a $149.99 BIN/BO wouldn't scare a ton of people off...huge difference between a 1/1 and a /3

I think if you went $199.99 you might scare off people who don't want to 'offend' you with an offer, as I often wont offer on something highly overpriced...I think you could probably get $100-$125 out of it...keep in mind, I know NOTHING about baseball, but I do know that Chrome is way better than Sterling in resale, and with the 1/1 going for like $260, I think $149.99 is a good starting place...

if the guy is in the minors you might want to hold for the MLB debut or September call-ups but he could be a flash in the pan (keep in mind I know nothing about him), so do you want to take money now, or risk later?

Branding does play a part in the pricing game. Oh and UGH that card, sorry my personal opinion is just plain UGLY. Actually that final angle picture makes it look really nice. All that crackly glitter refracter action that thing has going on is what makes it ugly in my opinion. If they had just kept with the solid gold coloring and didn't mess with the reflective properties of the finish it would be OK as I said in that last picture. They could still have given it some shine just not all that prism effect business. That is one of the problems with many of these modern cards and makes the higher-end ones even higher. Everything has to be sooo damn complex in the designs now, plain simple is boring now-days. <- Not my opinion just the general trend that seems to be going on in recent years.

Branding does play a part in the pricing game. Oh and UGH that card, sorry my personal opinion is just plain UGLY. Actually that final angle picture makes it look really nice. All that crackly glitter refracter action that thing has going on is what makes it ugly in my opinion. If they had just kept with the solid gold coloring and didn't mess with the reflective properties of the finish it would be OK as I said in that last picture. They could still have given it some shine just not all that prism effect business. That is one of the problems with many of these modern cards and makes the higher-end ones even higher. Everything has to be sooo damn complex in the designs now, plain simple is boring now-days. <- Not my opinion just the general trend that seems to be going on in recent years.
I think there is some damn kids on your lawn. :) There is definitely a lot more innovation going on now, some good and some bad but I would much prefer that than the alternative. A lot of the shiny cards look much better in hand.

I think I would look to crack the slab. A lot of people don't like graded but will look past it if the grade is good, but a 9 is not going to add anything to the value and is going to decrease the number of prospective buyers.

Nice card, but I have a few Graded 9.0's, kind of hard to get rid of, unless someone wants it for there PC, most I did sell I only got High BV for them, crazy how most folk put $300 for a $100 card just because it's graded 9-9.5 , cracking the slab is kind of dishonest, I had a 8.5, I hated the grade from BGS, all I wanted to do was crack it back open and call it a Mint 10 again Lol! Good luck!

Back