Super Bowl Custom Set

sweet... !!! now where is the greatest SuperBowl QB of all time?

who do you ask? why... Doug Williams, Redskins, of course!!!

OK, here are the next two games.

For the Super Bowl XX card...I took a little artistic license with this one. The photo I selected might seem like a random picture of a forgotten play. However, I decided that I should make this one a little more personal. The player featured is Tim Wrightman, a relative of mine. Although he didn't have a major impact in the game...I decided that since it was my set, I should use a photo of him playing in the game on this card.

1989 Topps Super Bowl XIX

1989 Topps Super Bowl XX

1989 Topps Super Bowl XIX MVP Joe Montana

1989 Topps Super Bowl XX MVP Richard Dent

Last edited:
Very Cool, and artistic license is OK! I didn't realize that your cousin Tim Wrightman was a Super Bowl Champion! It doesn't matter that he wasn't a major force during the game. He was on the team, and he played in the game! That is awesome! Oh yeah, that Joe Montana thingy in SB XIX was pretty cool too! lol

Very Cool, and artistic license is OK! I didn't realize that your cousin Tim Wrightman was a Super Bowl Champion! It doesn't matter that he wasn't a major force during the game. He was on the team, and he played in the game! That is awesome! Oh yeah, that Joe Montana thingy in SB XIX was pretty cool too! lol
Thanks, I'm glad you like them. Tim isn't my cousin...I'm too young for that. He's actually my mom's cousin. So...not super closely related but he's in the family.

sweet... !!! now where is the greatest SuperBowl QB of all time?

who do you ask? why... Doug Williams, Redskins, of course!!!
Here ya go:

1989 Topps Super Bowl XXI

1989 Topps Super Bowl XXII

1986 Topps Super Bowl XXI MVP Phil Simms

You will notice this one has a different logo on it than the John Riggins card.
1986 Topps Super Bowl XXII MVP Doug Williams

Last edited:
Haven't had much time to work on these lately (I had a really busy weekend)...so I haven't gotten very many done. But, here are the next two Super Bowls:

Interestingly, Super Bowl XXIII is the Super Bowl that is featured as the first card of the 1989 Topps set. I endeavored to make mine very different from the original...which I think I did. I have never said this before, but I honestly think I like mine better than the real thing. You can see a image of the real one on the first page of this thread.

1989 Topps Super Bowl XXIII

1989 Topps Super Bowl XXIV

This was an important milestone in the MVP set for me. Mostly because this is as far as my Super Bowl MVP collecting ever went. I know there are more recent sets, but when I think of Super Bowl MVP card sets I remember the 1990 Pro Set insert set. You know...the one's with the crudely drawn pictures. That is the set I remember collecting growing up and it went through Super Bowl XXIV. So, going forward it's new territory for me.

1986 Topps Super Bowl XXIII MVP Jerry Rice

1986 Topps Super Bowl XXIV MVP Joe Montana

Last edited:
OK, here are the next two. A couple Bills losses:

1989 Topps Super Bowl XXV

1989 Topps Super Bowl XXVI

1986 Topps Super Bowl XXV MVP Ottis Anderson

1986 Topps Super Bowl XXVI MVP Mark Rypien

OK...here are the next couple games. Cowboys vs. Bills!

1989 Topps Super Bowl XXVII

1989 Topps Super Bowl XXVIII

1986 Topps Super Bowl XXVII MVP Troy Aikman

1986 Topps Super Bowl XXVIII MVP Emmitt Smith

Sorry I haven't updated this in thread all week. It's been really crazy at work and we have had a death in the family...so a lot going on. But, here are the next 4 games:

1989 Topps Super Bowl XXIX

1989 Topps Super Bowl XXX

1989 Topps Super Bowl XXXI

1989 Topps Super Bowl XXXII

1986 Topps Super Bowl XXIX MVP Steve Young

1986 Topps Super Bowl XXX MVP Larry Brown

1986 Topps Super Bowl XXXI MVP Desmond Howard

1986 Topps Super Bowl XXXII MVP Terrell Davis

you're killing it with the customs!!!!
Thanks Randy!

I'm modivated to get these sets done. I'd like to move onto some other projects I have planned. I'm a bit ahead of where I have posted. So, I'm going to try and get caught up this week...and if I'm lucky maybe finish getting them all designed this week.

Here's a couple more games.

1989 Topps Super Bowl XXXIII

1989 Topps Super Bowl XXXIV

1986 Topps Super Bowl XXXIII MVP John Elway

1986 Topps Super Bowl XXXIV MVP Kurt Warner

Back