Super Bowl Custom Set

OK...since it is Super Bowl Sunday, I thought I should post some new Super Bowl cards that I just finished. So, here are the next group:

1989 Topps Super Bowl IV
m7uJZ8O.jpg

1989 Topps Super Bowl V

pILqXsj.jpg

Here are the next batch of MVP cards as well. I have always thought it interesting that the MVP of Super Bowl V came from the losing team. Really illustrates the closeness of the game and the poor play.

1986 Topps Super Bowl IV MVP Len Dawson
hE6KAUJ.jpg

1986 Topps Super Bowl V MVP Chuck Howley
NZGlgw3.jpg

Last edited:
OK, I'm really enjoying making these sets...so I have been focusing on them more lately. Here are the next three Super Bowls:

1989 Topps Super Bowl VI
zksbtfI.jpg

1989 Topps Super Bowl VII

HM5vZb0.jpg

1989 Topps Super Bowl VIII

8xm7H8h.jpg

Here are the corresponding MVP cards:

1986 Topps Super Bowl VI MVP Roger Staubach
1ENtUYR.jpg

1986 Topps Super Bowl VII MVP Jake Scott

uqyDsQV.jpg

1986 Topps Super Bowl VIII MVP Larry Csonka
EHhSQWj.jpg

They are really looking good! The photos that you are choosing to use, are excellent!
Thanks! The photos are actually the hardest part...some of them have pretty limited options in google searches. I want to find actual in game photos for all the cards. The games haven't been so bad but a few of the MVPs have been a little tricky.

OK...here are a few more:

1989 Topps Super Bowl IX
2K5Gnjn.jpg

1989 Topps Super Bowl X

jONTSvN.jpg

1986 Topps Super Bowl IX MVP Franco Harris

6HjC0Ro.jpg

1986 Topps Super Bowl X MVP Lynn Swann
pnWRrBG.jpg

Super Bowl X MVP card...isn't that a picture of the awesome catch that Swan made falling to the ground, while bobbling the ball?

Super Bowl X MVP card...isn't that a picture of the awesome catch that Swan made falling to the ground, while bobbling the ball?
It is. I was hoping to find a good photo of it for this card. I think it's one of the most iconic play in super bowl history. Possibly the most famous play before the Tyree catch.

OK, here are the next two for each set:

1989 Topps Super Bowl XI

1989 Topps Super Bowl XII

1986 Topps Super Bowl XI MVP Fred Biletnikoff

1986 Topps Super Bowl XII MVP Harvey Martin/Randy White

I will admit...I don't love the Martin/White card. I really wanted to use in-action game photos and avoid using the general well known post-game photo of them together. I accomplished my goal...but the photos available were not the best to choose from. Overall, I'm happy with it...but it doesn't live up to what I had in my head before hand.

okay.. you posted up a couple Raiders.. I can die in peace now.. thank you!
Old school Raiders fan?

Actually...I have a couple others done. To be perfectly honest...I have all the Super Bowl and MVP cards done through Super Bowl XX (I did XVIII, XIX, and XX today), I'm just posting them a couple at a time. So...Plunkett and Allen are already done. :)

Plunkett!!!!!
Well...I was planning on releasing them a couple at a time...but if you want Plunkett, here's some Plunkett.

Actually, I was really looking forward to getting to this part of the set. Joe Montana is my all-time favorite player and getting to his Super Bowls is fun for me.

1989 Topps Super Bowl XIII

1989 Topps Super Bowl XIV

1989 Topps Super Bowl XV

1989 Topps Super Bowl XVI

1986 Topps Super Bowl XIII MVP Terry Bradshaw

1986 Topps Super Bowl XIV MVP Terry Bradshaw

1986 Topps Super Bowl XV MVP Jim Plunkett

1986 Topps Super Bowl XVI MVP Joe Montana

OK, here are the next two Super Bowls:

1989 Topps Super Bowl XVII
DTJbDVq.jpg

1989 Topps Super Bowl XVIII
qJnoYn0.jpg

Now, the MVP cards. I will admit that at first I was a bit "lazy" with the Riggins. In 1982, the Redskins had a slightly different one year logo and at first I ignored that and I did the card with the logo they used from 72-81 and 83-Present. But, since the 1982 logo was worn in the game...I went back and changed it. Not a huge difference, but it bothered me.

1986 Topps Super Bowl XVII MVP John Riggins
fkwAaBo.jpg

1986 Topps Super Bowl XVIII MVP Marcus Allen
BOoi5Nj.jpg

Back