Stuckey or Rondo? Who is the man?

• Stuckey!

Votes: 18 50.0%
  • Rondo!

Votes: 18 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
bballcardheaven said:
I am not saying he is the star of the team. I just dont think they would have done it without him.

If Sam Cassell would've been the starter and been healthy all year they would've done the same thing. You could plug any starting PG (and even a few 2nd string PGs) in the league in that lineup and the Celtics would still be as good as they are. The big 3 make up about 85% of that team's greatness and the rest of the team is just a band of role players that could be plucked from any team in the league.

I prefer the defensive side you get with Rondo. Big 3 or not, you'd still get that. Heart and intensity are the intangibles that give him the edge for me. He's learned to be a winner, and that fire shows.

For anyone to argue that Eddie House, Leon Powe, Patrick O'Bryant, Glen Davis, Brian Scalabrine, or Tony Allen couldn't easily be replaced by another random player from a different roster, while maintaining that team's level of play as long as the big 3 are there, is absurd.

I agree with Steve O and Rondo defensively couldnt guard Stuckey, Rondos way to small and all Stuckey has to do is play off him 5 feet and Rondo cant do ANYTHING! As for the whole team chipping into a title, I dont agree with that either, it was the big 3 it doesnt matter who else was in with them it was all because of them, if Rondo was such a great player how come they were one of the worst teams in 06-07 when Allen and KG werent there? Without KG, Pierce and Allen Rondo would be a good player but not nearly as good as Stuckey and as for Rip N Sheed being out last night, were they both out when Stuckey dropped in 40?! Thats impressive not to mention hes only a 2nd year player! Rondos got a year on him

bballcardheaven said:
Yeah thats what happens when Richard Hamilton and Rasheed Wallace are injured.

EXACTLY!

Big time players STEP UP when the team needs it most.

I guarantee you that if Garnett and Pierce were out for a game, Rondo would NOT have 38.

No I'm saying he scored more because there were like no guys to pass to. That is because Rondo is a complete player, as Stuckey can score and only score.

Stuckey can score and score only huh? How come this was his line last game?

38 Points 7 Asts 4 Boards

Thats pretty complete to me!

bballcardheaven said:
No I'm saying he scored more because there were like no guys to pass to. That is because Rondo is a complete player, as Stuckey can score and only score.

So even without Rip and Sheed, he STILL managed to get 7 assists, while scoring 38 points. The points you're bringing up are helping our argument for Stuckey over Rondo even more.

I'd like it to be known that I think Stuckey and Rondo are both overrated, but Stuckey has begun to change my mind. Rondo on the other hand, not so much. Maybe it's because Rondo is SO overrated. The way his fans talk about him, you would think he was a 10 year vet who has led his team to 5 rings and puts up MVP type numbers.

glendavis said:
Thats not part of the origninal question is it.

You're exactly right, so your basis of Rondo has a ring so he's better makes no sense. Charles Barkley, Reggie Miller, John Stockton, Patrick Ewing never won rings, but that doesn't mean they weren't better than players on the teams that did win it all.

Back