Spoke w/UD re:Dealer Redemptions

Krusin

retired hippie
Just got off the telephone with Upeer Deck Customer Service & learned a few things about the new Dealer Redemption Program.

1. It's still in the process of being set up, on thier end I guess.

2. The 45 day policy for redemption replacement is thru the Dealer Redemption route.

3. If you want the card your redeeming it's better to redeem it your self in your own account.

4. If you use the Dealer Redemption process you CAN"T track your card's process, it can be tracked thru the dealers account (Not sure if I was a dealer I'd want to answer where's my card calls all day).

I should of asked more ?'s but that was all I could think of at the time.

I still completely view this change as a means of UD passing the responsibility of customer service onto the store owner. I agree, why would a shop owner want to field the "where's my card" or "what are my exchange choices" calls. And if they don't get what they want it comes back to the shop owner as he/she are the ones empowered as the middle man in this.

Basically UD gets to save on having the customer service staff in house, has someone else handle their issues on their behalf for little or no compensation, and they can then benefit a faster redemption turn around process by means of providing more rapid replacement if the original card is unredeemable. This means more of the stock of aged in house garbage gets churned out to the consumer in lieu of the current products.

I feel sorry for my local shop owner in this situation.

Woo Hoo -

Just redeemed my Radulov 1/1 Auto Masterpiece & it's in stock to be shipped soon. Funny that the Gold r/c was not in stock boo hoo.

Woo Hoo -

Just redeemed my Radulov 1/1 Auto Masterpiece & it's in stock to be shipped soon. Funny that the Gold r/c was not in stock boo hoo.
:salut:
WOW, when did you pull that. I am just getting into hockey for some prospecting and Radulov was a guy I was looking at.....NICE

:salut:
WOW, when did you pull that. I am just getting into hockey for some prospecting and Radulov was a guy I was looking at.....NICE

Didn't pull that one, guy had it on E-Bay w/ BIN of 500, I made an offer under 400 & he accepted. I also picked up today a The Cup NHL enshrinments auto of of 50 of Radulov for $55, it's a redemption also, not sure if the seller knew what he ha or not :D.

Back