Shipping prices pissing me off

Those are your fees!! The buyer should not be responsible for paying the selling fees.

I'm not saying you cant fudge the price up some for shipping but too many people are greedy bastards.

I went down to 2.50 from 3 before the shipping changes. I haven't actually sold anything since the change (probably why I have no effing cash) but I think I will either stay at 2.50 or bump it to 2.75. Not sure yet.

How do you get the bigger pictures in your signature? Every time I try putting a picture into my signature it says it is too big. Unless I make it a thumbnail size.

Those are your fees!! The buyer should not be responsible for paying the selling fees.

I'm not saying you cant fudge the price up some for shipping but too many people are greedy bastards.

ok, be pist at the guy that is sitting in his 1000 sq ft apartment trying to make a buck you pay his rent while Mr. Ebay, Mr. Paypal are kickin it on thier yahts sipping $1000 glasses of cognac.

I agree

How do you get the bigger pictures in your signature? Every time I try putting a picture into my signature it says it is too big. Unless I make it a thumbnail size.

Bob - I use Photoshop. What you need to do is adjust the qualiy and/or size of your image to the maximum, or less. I'm not sure what that is but is probably in a sticky somewhere. But if you need help, send me the images and I'll fix them for you.

ok, be pist at the guy that is sitting in his 1000 sq ft apartment trying to make a buck you pay his rent while Mr. Ebay, Mr. Paypal are kickin it on thier yahts sipping $1000 glasses of cognac.

I agree

Dan - you are right. eBay/Paypal/UPS/USPS are the bad guys. But they also are virtually untouchable. So instead of trying to stick it to "the men", a lot of sellers are sticking it to their customers. That is where I have a problem. And noone seems to get it.

This guy has 4 Taylor Stubblefields on eBay seperately. He wants $7 to ship all 4, when the actual postage is around $2, $2.50, maybe $3 if he packs them up real good. My guess is he puts them in a ****ing snapcase. I'd buy all 4, but because of his shipping, I might not even bid. I'll probably end up scaling back my bids to justify the shipping charge.

Dan - you are right. eBay/Paypal/UPS/USPS are the bad guys. But they also are virtually untouchable. So instead of trying to stick it to "the men", a lot of sellers are sticking it to their customers. That is where I have a problem. And noone seems to get it.

This guy has 4 Taylor Stubblefields on eBay seperately. He wants $7 to ship all 4, when the actual postage is around $2, $2.50, maybe $3 if he packs them up real good. My guess is he puts them in a ****ing snapcase. I'd buy all 4, but because of his shipping, I might not even bid. I'll probably end up scaling back my bids to justify the shipping charge.

I put one card in a 000 padded envelope and ship them. Since the new prices went into effect it has cost me once it was 80 cents, another time it was $1.15 I think. The last time it was $1.30. Same size envelope same size card inside. I think i am going to check out what it takes to a bulk rate account. I do not sell that much but if I get a bunch of people together maybe it can be done.

Now I put one card between thin card board stock called chip board in a appox. 5 inch by 5 inch envelope ( if really want the size pm me I will measure it ) the price to mail is 58 cents. At least the last couple of times I went. But I try to goto the post office when the people that charge me 58 cents are working.

if the PO has the stand alone machines use those . I save money using them you can still get DC . just have to ship it like a package but its still cheaper than inside they try to charge 1.13 for shipping a single card. at the machine they charge 80cents for 1 card no DC . the package rate is a little more but still cheaper than inside .

Word. I haven't been to a counter at a post office in months. APC machines rock!!!

Back