ATTENTION ALL MEMBERS!! Verified Trader Program

Archangel

Bench Warmer
In an effort to promote safe trading and quality membership, we here at SCF are now instituting a Verified Member program. Our research has shown that a majority of site membership would like to see a program of this type.
This program should help insure safe and secure trading for all of our members. We have recently joined a program that maintains a universal list of bad traders and scam artists. Together with this program and our Verified Member program, we hope to offer you the safest trading atmosphere around.

The rules are very simple. Every new member will automatically be applied for verified status. Non verified members will be placed on a Send First status for all transactions made through this site. There will be no exceptions! This is being done to protect our members and you can only benefit from it.
The entire verification process should only take 7-10 days from the time your information is submitted for review.
Now for the details:
Current members must fill out their profile information as completely as possible. This information is kept confidential and is not available to other members, only site administration. This includes but is not limited to:
1.) Your full name and mailing address (No PO Boxes)
2.) A contact phone number* (This is optional, but appreciated)
3.) Full date of birth
4.) A verifiable email address
5.) A minimum of 5 verifiable trade references. These references can be verifiable through email address or as listed on another trade site. (They will be verified!)
All fields in your profile must be filled out as completely as possible. Once this is done, please email at [email protected] or PM me that you have completed your profile and your verification process will begin.
Do Not try to falsify your information. A very thorough review will be made from all resources that are publicly available.
A post card with a verification code will be sent to the mailing address that you have provided. You are required to email your verification code, to me, at [email protected]
All new members will be required to send first until you have 5 unique positive feedbacks, with no neutral or negatives. Multiple feedback from the same person only count as 1. There will be exceptions made to this rule upon review, as outlined below.
**There are obviously some very good traders/sellers who come from other sites and have reputations beyond reproach. So, in the interest of fairness, a case by case evaluation of each member will be made by site administration.
Each verified member will have a tag placed with their member name indicating that they are a verified site member.

Once you become verified, the following rules must be adhered to strictly or you will risk losing your verified status and be placed on Send First status:
1.) All trades and/or transactions must be posted with a link to the trade thread, in the transactions forum. I will monitor every trade and/or transaction posted. If your transaction is worked in PM, you must forward a copy of the pm to me immediately after posting.
2,) Payment for any sale agreed upon, should be made in the form of money order, personal check or PayPal. Sending cash is at your own risk and offers no protection. Any purchase over 10.00 must use a money order or PayPal
3.) All trades or sales must be packed safely and securely to avoid any possible damage and mailed in a bubble mailer with delivery confirmation unless agreed upon otherwise by both parties involved in the transaction. If a package is sent without delivery confirmation, the sender will assume all risk of loss, unless valid proof of mailing is provided upon request. This is to protect the sender against lost or undelivered packages. NO PLAIN WHITE ENVELOPES!
4.) Condition of the merchandise being sent must be stated in the trade transaction thread and scans provided to the recipient whenever possible.
5.) Unless otherwise agreed upon and stated in the transaction thread, all transactions must be shipped within 5 business days of the posting in the transactions thread.
6.) Feedback for each transaction should be posted within 3 days of completion of the transaction.
7.) If there is a dispute with another member regarding a trade posted in the transactions forum. You must contact that member within 3 days of receiving your package. You must also PM or email me within the same time frame. I will also contact the other member and an attempt to resolve the dispute will be made. Members will NOT post a dispute in the dispute area. I will post all disputes upon review of the complaint.
Violation of any of the above rules may result in being placed on SEND FIRST status and continued abuse or violation will result in suspension or permanent ban from the site.
8.) In the event that one or both trading members feel uncomfortable sending first or are uneasy regarding a transaction, I will, upon request of either party, act as an escrow service. This means that both parties will ship directly to me and once I have both packages in-hand and verify the contents of each package, I will ship to both parties. There will be no additional charge for this service, other than exact postage costs to ship from my address. I will re-label each package so that the same mailer can be used. This is a small price to pay for peace of mind and security.
Every member who completes the verification process and obtains a feedback score of 20 or more unique positive feedback, with no neutral or negative feedback will automatically be placed on Verified Preferred Status and have a tag indicating such, under their member screen name.
All bad traders and scam artists who attempt to trade/buy/sell on this site will be reported to the community safe trade site that we have joined. Your full contact information and IP addresses will be provided to them for use in protecting traders on other sites. Some of the sites involved include: The Bench, Trader Retreat, Sports Card Forum, Cardboard Village, Sport Card Sheriff, and others. If you are found to have intentionally defrauded another member on this site, complaints may be filed with your local police department, US postal Service, Your ISP (for fraudulent account activity), and The Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).
Understand that these rules are being put into place to protect you. We are not trying to discourage anyone from trading, buying or selling. We want your experience on our site to be as trouble free and as safe as possible.
It is time for all of us to take a stance against bad traders and scam artists who give all trading communities a bad name. I urge all of you to enlist in our verified member program and commit to, what we hope will be the safest trading atmosphere on the web.

Verified Trader Program
©2006SportsCardFreaks.com

Any and all questions please post here. Do Not PM me with questions!!

Xquisite, please be patient, I have about alot out there, I am goign to run through them in the next day or two, so I can do all at once

Back