Shipping prices pissing me off

andy

Collector Planet Original
Transactions: 2
$4.95 to ship 1 card
$2.50 to hip in a PWE
$4 shipping + $1.50 each additional item.

I'm thinking of starting a blog/type thing - emil sellers and ask them about discounts/why they charge so much. Maybe try and get them in trouble with eBay :clap:

sliqwill

Prospect
Transactions: 1
im not a fan of shipping prices in general, no way does it cost more than $1 to ship a second card UNLESS it comes in a NEW 1 touch holder or something...

when i sold my exquisites i offered 'standard priority shipping in 2 piece slide cases' or 'in new 1 touch cases priority for $1 per card' and both buyers took the new 1 touch option, but it was OPTIONAL to have high shipping rates...

no more than $3.50 to do standard card in bubble mailer with DC, no more than $.25 per additional card or they are trying to make up in lost shipping money, and $2.50 for PWE?...are you kidding me?...

andy

Collector Planet Original
Transactions: 2
I'm going start something up, maybe a blog - maybe just a continuing post on here :)

1st message sent.

"Is shipping done Priority? Curious what I'm getting for $4.95. Thanks!! Love the card!!!"

jbmmadman

Bench Warmer
for most things, I only charge $2.75 shipping...I buy bubbles at walmart, 10 for less than 4 bucks....shipping usually runs $1.23 , no more than $1.50 add a DC and that takes care of the rest...exceptions are handled on a case by case basis...but I hate shipping charges also, I wonder how people can justify overcharging

seahawks4ever

Bench Warmer
I went down to 2.50 from 3 before the shipping changes. I haven't actually sold anything since the change (probably why I have no effing cash) but I think I will either stay at 2.50 or bump it to 2.75. Not sure yet.

BobC

Bench Warmer
for most things, I only charge $2.75 shipping...I buy bubbles at walmart, 10 for less than 4 bucks....shipping usually runs $1.23 , no more than $1.50 add a DC and that takes care of the rest...exceptions are handled on a case by case basis...but I hate shipping charges also, I wonder how people can justify overcharging

Hate to sound stupid but what is "DC"?:confused:

wdkantro2

Bench Warmer
I don't know about everyone else, but my PO are a bunch of nazi's regarding the 3/4th inch rule. I need to make all my packages more than 3/4 inch for DC and I use packing peanuts to do so, so the added weight plus the peanuts is even more extra cost :doh:

seahawks4ever

Bench Warmer
I don't know about everyone else, but my PO are a bunch of nazi's regarding the 3/4th inch rule. I need to make all my packages more than 3/4 inch for DC and I use packing peanuts to do so, so the added weight plus the peanuts is even more extra cost :doh:

mine is like that too. They check every package. If it slides through, no DC.:ban:

sliqwill

Prospect

wad up newspaper or junk printed crap instead of peanuts....

also to the walmart buyer, get them on ebay instead, you can get like 200 for $50 DLVD, just make sure you get the self adhesive ones :D but yeah like 200 or 250 for $50 and they will be there in a week UPS Ground, i havent bought mailers in over a year, sure im about out, but still probably have 40 here

K

kadillac_style

I found that the PO in Mt. Pleasant were dicks about the 3/4 inch rule. So I go to the next town and mail them, about 5 miles difference. But they don't give me any problems about anything. The guy that works there is about a thousand years old and he doesn't care. Besides its slow as hell, never any lines and the old guy is funny as balls.

wdkantro2

Bench Warmer
I found that the PO in Mt. Pleasant were dicks about the 3/4 inch rule. So I go to the next town and mail them, about 5 miles difference. But they don't give me any problems about anything. The guy that works there is about a thousand years old and he doesn't care. Besides its slow as hell, never any lines and the old guy is funny as balls.

lol, lucky. I live in a small town so I know all the guys pretty well, but I guess my PO got contacted by the government or something because they weren't enforcing the rule at all, so now they are a pain in the ass about it :thumbdown::thumbdown:

BobC

Bench Warmer
If you are using a 000 padded envelope print out the ebay invoice or an email to the winning bidder and wrap the card(s) in that and put it your envelope.

ernieren

Prospect
if the PO has the stand alone machines use those . I save money using them you can still get DC . just have to ship it like a package but its still cheaper than inside they try to charge 1.13 for shipping a single card. at the machine they charge 80cents for 1 card no DC . the package rate is a little more but still cheaper than inside .

D

detox

I am raising my prices to $6.00 cause all your bitchin.

Shipping is $2.10-$2.50 in bubbles with DC

Ebay charges Like 6% all together

Paypal charges 3%

be pist at those multi billion dollar companies, not sellers