Seriously? Graded NASCAR.. by who?

ranbethscards

NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah!
I've seen more and more "graded" NASCAR items being offered on eBay by GMAGrading.com

My thoughts on grading NASCAR is this... unless it's a Dale Sr Autograph... I wouldn't waste my money... and honestly, unlike the T206 baseball cards, I don't see Dale Sr Autographs increasing in price over the next 25 years. Unlike the T206 (or the 1930's Goudeys) NASCAR doesn't have the following or demand.

Now, with that being said... check out this listing on eBay of GMA graded cards:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ASHLEY-BRIT...107425?pt=US_Racing_Cards&hash=item4ac79679a1

Please note that currently the Book Values for each of the three Force Girls cards is as follows:

Ashley - $4.00
Brittany - $2.00
Courtney - $2.00

so... what do you do? spend $8.00 for the three cards at a card show or buy the "graded" cards on the 'bay for the amazing price of $119.95 (with free shipping!!!)?

I have no problem purchasing GRADED baseball, football and even basketball... but the NASCAR collector is not ready for graded cards.

We have had a few NASCAR cards submitted, including the one we are giving away here.

I've seen more and more "graded" NASCAR items being offered on eBay by GMAGrading.com

My thoughts on grading NASCAR is this... unless it's a Dale Sr Autograph... I wouldn't waste my money... and honestly, unlike the T206 baseball cards, I don't see Dale Sr Autographs increasing in price over the next 25 years. Unlike the T206 (or the 1930's Goudeys) NASCAR doesn't have the following or demand.

Now, with that being said... check out this listing on eBay of GMA graded cards:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ASHLEY-BRIT...107425?pt=US_Racing_Cards&hash=item4ac79679a1

Please note that currently the Book Values for each of the three Force Girls cards is as follows:

Ashley - $4.00
Brittany - $2.00
Courtney - $2.00

so... what do you do? spend $8.00 for the three cards at a card show or buy the "graded" cards on the 'bay for the amazing price of $119.95 (with free shipping!!!)?

I have no problem purchasing GRADED baseball, football and even basketball... but the NASCAR collector is not ready for graded cards.
So basically, this is a scam, offering no value. I literally took notice of some of those listings last night! Glad I found this forum!

So basically, this is a scam, offering no value. I literally took notice of some of those listings last night! Glad I found this forum!

The auction shown is a scam, yes. Those cards dont have any increase in value graded, too common and not sought after. Graded cards in general though are WAY more valuable though if they grade high. G on ebay and look at completed actuions of star rookie cards, then look up the same ones graded. it can make a $30 card a $150 card if its a gem mint. Only rookies, short prints, super short prints, and relic/autos care worth grading in general. Stuff like refractors and other sought after parallels are also worth grading if its a highly sought after card.

NASCAR as Randy is saying doesnt have the same type of cards, for example you can get Danica Patrick rookie cards in 2010 products, 2011 products, 2012 products, and in this years (2013) stuff, making a true rookie somthing that isnt a must have for collectors. There are probably 100 different Danica rookies available in mass. Its the same for most all drivers since the late late 90's. NASCAR is at the stage where relics and autos are the only thing everybody wants, and there are some "rainbow" collectors trying to get each level/color of base parallel completing a "rainbow". Base and rookies arent looked for except by set hunters so grading them is pointless, it will do nothing but decrease the number of people who would consider buying it. Even relics wouldnt be a wise thing to grade. Autos are always good to grade in any sport, and probably the only thing Id ever consider grading in NASCAR is an auto or 2.

The auction shown is a scam, yes. Those cards dont have any increase in value graded, too common and not sought after. Graded cards in general though are WAY more valuable though if they grade high. G on ebay and look at completed actuions of star rookie cards, then look up the same ones graded. it can make a $30 card a $150 card if its a gem mint. Only rookies, short prints, super short prints, and relic/autos care worth grading in general. Stuff like refractors and other sought after parallels are also worth grading if its a highly sought after card.

NASCAR as Randy is saying doesnt have the same type of cards, for example you can get Danica Patrick rookie cards in 2010 products, 2011 products, 2012 products, and in this years (2013) stuff, making a true rookie somthing that isnt a must have for collectors. There are probably 100 different Danica rookies available in mass. Its the same for most all drivers since the late late 90's. NASCAR is at the stage where relics and autos are the only thing everybody wants, and there are some "rainbow" collectors trying to get each level/color of base parallel completing a "rainbow". Base and rookies arent looked for except by set hunters so grading them is pointless, it will do nothing but decrease the number of people who would consider buying it. Even relics wouldnt be a wise thing to grade. Autos are always good to grade in any sport, and probably the only thing Id ever consider grading in NASCAR is an auto or 2.

That definitely clarifies things a lot! I knew grading added prestige in other sports but the case was made against in NASCAR by ranbethscards pretty convincingly. You seem to back it up here, so as I start to look around at NASCAR cards, at least I am a lot more informed....

Thanks!

Back