2011 Press Pass Element

Dlong1

DLong1
2011 Press Pass Element

ebox.jpg

Configuration: 24 packs per box. 6 cards per pack.

Wheels Element Racing is back in 2011 with a retro theme, plus one autograph and one memorabilia card per box!

- One autograph per box featuring Wheels Authentic Autographs.
- One memorabilia card per box
*Flagstand Swatches - New for 2011! Race-used eight-piece memorabilia cards featuring swatches of all eight NASCAR flags! (#'d to 25 or less)
*Trackside Treasures - New for 2011! Features a wide range of race-used "treasures" numbered to 99 or less. Look for Prime Swatches numbered to 25 or less!
*Flagship Performers (race-used flag cards #'d to 50 or less) - look for three sets each featuring a die cut of the driver's total wins, starts or championships!
*Finish Line - features an oversized swatch of race-used tire, green flag or checkered flag

- Special Box Topper will contain either a Black base set parallel #/35 or a Undiscovered Elements Autograph (autographs signed by NASCAR's up and coming stars).

This years release of Elements is great. Press Pass has done the retro look with the cards. I remember back to when packs of cards were in a wax pack and when you opened them there was that cardboard look. They didn't have the glossy backs on them. When you picked them up they felt heavy like all cards should.

Well, Press Pass brought that back with Element. Thank you Press Pass, I love it!

Here's what we got out of our box:

Base set. We pulled all 100 cards. I personally like the idea of getting the full set.

Cards 1-34 - The Drivers

Burton1.jpg
Burton2.jpg

All the base cards have a glossy front and that wonderful cardboard back. The way that the Drivers and their Cars are pictured on the front is a very nice concept.

Cards 35-44 - The Cars

dodge1.jpg
dodge2.jpg

These are some nice detailed photos of the Cars.

Cards 45-53 - The Nationwide Series Drivers

NNS1.jpg
NNS2.jpg

Where would we be in a review without a Danica card showing up?

Cards 54-62 - Camping World Truck Series Driver

NCWTS1.jpg
NCWTS2.jpg

This goes to show that the product team at Press Pass is on the ball. This set covers all three circuits of NASCAR. And to top that off, if you see the Driver, you also see their Ride.

Cards 63-72 - Sunday Sensations

SS1.jpg
SS2.jpg

This subset covers the 2010 winners.

Cards 73-78 - G Force

GF1.jpg
GF2.jpg

This one is unusual. This sub set relates how much G Force there is in NASCAR and how different drivers deal with it. These are things I've never thought about.

Cards 79-86 - Dream Team

DT1.jpg
DT2.jpg

This subset set the 2011 Racing Teams Lineups.

Cards 87-95 - Top Preformers

TP1.jpg
TP2.jpg

This subset contains the stats from last year. Who won the most races to who had the most Green Flag passes (Dale Jr).

Cards 96-100 - Undiscovered Elements

UE1.jpg
UE2.jpg

These are the first cards of up and coming drivers.

Box Topper - 1:24

BT.jpg

I didn't get the Undiscovered Elements Auto, but a #/35 Black Bordered card is sweet. It's one of those sets that's begging to be put together.

Green parallels 1:6

Green.jpg

We got 4 - Kyle Busch, Dream Team (Waltrip, Truex & Reutimann), Top Preformers (Dale Jr) & Undiscovered Elements (Logan Ruffin).

High Octane Vehicle 1:6

HO.jpg

These are foil cards and the vehicles are pictured in black & white with a colored background.
We got 4 - Dodge Intrepid, Chevy Impala, Chevy Silverado & Ford Taurus.

Hall of Fame - 1:24

HOF.jpg

The scan isn't the best, but we got Ned Jarrett. This set is continued through all the 2011 products.

Tales from the Track - 1:6

ToT.jpg

This is a great set. Foil cards with pictures of great moments from the past. We got 4 - Bill Elliott making his 1985 comeback from 2 laps down to win, Dale Sr in 1987 spinning Geoff Bodine, Richard Petty relieving David Pearson in the 1969 Volunteer 500 & Ned Jarrett's fire extinguisher accidently going off in 1966.

Trackside Treasures (Memorabilia 1:24)

RU.jpg

Sweet 2 color piece of sheet metal #/85

Element Autograph - 1:24

Auto.jpg

Final thoughts -

I really like this offering from Press Pass. From the retro feel and look of the cards to the information they offer. I fell in love with the Tales from the Track set. Vintage black & white photo's from the past capturing great moments! Add that to 1 Auto and 1 memorabilia card in every box and you have a hit.

My favorite card(s) are the Tales from the Track. It's hard not to list the auto or race-used, but memories is what the hobby is all about.

Boxes are in the $75 - 90 range on most websites.

Here's how I would rate this product:

Value = 5
Innovation = 5
Fun and Experience = 5
Rebuy Value = 5

I rate this product an "A" for Press Pass!

I would like to thank Press Pass and Sports Card Freaks for giving me the chance to review this new product.

Support the sponsors that support Sports Card Freaks

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open only to U.S/Canadian (except Quebec) residents. For a chance to obtain any of the insert cards listed above, at the same odds, while supplies last, hand print your name and complete address, including your email address, on a 3 X 5 card and mail in a #10 envelope to: NPN ELEMENT 2011, 9115 Harris Corners Parkway, Suite 200, Charlotte NC 28269. Only one card per envelope mailed separately postmarked by April 5, 2011 and received by April 12, 2011. No metered mail. Limit 1 request per household for Element 2011. Failure to comply will result in your entry being disqualified. Drawings on or about April 19, 2011 will be required to first correctly answer a mathematical skill-testing question. Include on a 3 X 5 card the answer to the following skill-test question: 50 + (2X4) - 10 = ?

awsome Product this Year I Love the Undiscovered Elemts May do those this year,autos are very Sharp Looking alot of great Inserts and Im Loving the Retro LOOK WOW Thank you for a Great Review Dan and thank you Press Pass.

Back