RIP Tony Gwynn

What horrible news today as HOFer and Padre Tony Gwynn has passed away at the young age of 54. He will be missed.
Sure will. Damn (if I can say that here) Cancer.
One of my favorite baseball players. Sad to see him pass. Really seemed like one of the good guys.
Yes he was one of the good guys. Plus he was one of those rare one-team career "franchise" bird. I think it was awesome that he and Cal. Ripken Jr. were enshrined in the HOF the same year. They played at the same time and both spent there full career on just one team.

Oh sadly vultures will try to cash in on his death by hiking up their prices on his cards, or adding his cards to Ebay just to cash in on the "Oh My, he just died I got to get his cards NOW" crowd.

I'm not old enough to have watched some of the greats of the 50's-60's but Gwynn was one of the best pure hitters that I've ever seen. In my mind he will always be the face of the Padres, and definitely one of the good guys.

Definitely one of the greatest hitters I have ever seen. Pitchers had difficulty getting just one strike past him. Has a pretty good career as a coach in college as well. He will surely be missed.

Back