Upper Deck Series 2 Hockey 23-24

RinkRat Cards

Bench Warmer
arrived this morning.

be aware buyers! major misprints - yet it appears to be only base cards. entire names have a strike thru due to poor top bottom centering. i’ve only looked at 5 tins, but man UD qc blows.
good news. chasers seem fine including the YGs.
and, good news, 5 tins cost $275 retail usd.
so far, out of 15 tins, opened 5, 22 YGs, no dubs. the YGs look good as in no qc issues so far. pulled one bedard yg and one leo carlsson outburst. no dubs on the chasers. also 5 red dazzlers, 10 orange.
retro canvas todd bertuzzi with brashear in the background. man, if was only moore! happy hunting

arrived this morning.

be aware buyers! major misprints - yet it appears to be only base cards. entire names have a strike thru due to poor top bottom centering. i’ve only looked at 5 tins, but man UD qc blows.
good news. chasers seem fine including the YGs.
and, good news, 5 tins cost $275 retail usd.
so far, out of 15 tins, opened 5, 22 YGs, no dubs. the YGs look good as in no qc issues so far. pulled one bedard yg and one leo carlsson outburst. no dubs on the chasers. also 5 red dazzlers, 10 orange.
retro canvas todd bertuzzi with brashear in the background. man, if was only moore! happy hunting
That is just laziness. Unnaceptable

well 2022-23 had major YG right corner flaws/damage. felt bad for people opening up product to see the rookies damaged. and nothing could be done.
hopefully it’s just tins. i buy tins at about $50/each just for the complete set of YGs. especially this year with 4/tin. plus the kids like the dazzlers and the dads like the canvas lol

an update to anyone interested.
tins have 4 young guns/per. Opened 10 and so far pulled 40 young guns, including only one double (39/50), but 2 are silver outburst parallels, 2 canvas parallels, only 1 bedard (not for sale) and the bedard yg checklist.
haven’t broken any hobby boxes as I am using tins this go around to quickly and affordably complete my personal YG set since they were so darn cheap. Can’t believe the surge pricing on them and now going for $99+ usd plus tax/shipping.
Happy hunting!

Thanks for sharing your break. Got some tins coming in, but this might be my last year trying to complete the sets based on how UD has changed distribution to only blasters, tins and hobby. I like the new pack configuration, but at $300 per hobby box out of my price range and even the tins are ridiculous at $85 plus. Even base OPC is not $150+ US, just insane. Glad to hear you got a Bedard. QC issues are a major issue with UD anymore. Look at all the OPC Platinum from 2021-22 and how miscut all the cards are, so these issues you note are not new. I even think there were miscut cards in last year's UD product. I get they are producing a ton, so you expect some to be missed, but they are missing way too many in my opinion.

Thanks for sharing your break. Got some tins coming in, but this might be my last year trying to complete the sets based on how UD has changed distribution to only blasters, tins and hobby. I like the new pack configuration, but at $300 per hobby box out of my price range and even the tins are ridiculous at $85 plus. Even base OPC is not $150+ US, just insane. Glad to hear you got a Bedard. QC issues are a major issue with UD anymore. Look at all the OPC Platinum from 2021-22 and how miscut all the cards are, so these issues you note are not new. I even think there were miscut cards in last year's UD product. I get they are producing a ton, so you expect some to be missed, but they are missing way too many in my opinion.
I fully get damage during production. Every year something happens. 32 cards all like these. Identical defect. Different tins.

I fully get damage during production. Every year something happens. 32 cards all like these. Identical defect. Different tins.
Yeah, I see what you mean. That is horrible, will have to check mine when I open them. Ugh! I would write the customer service department and complain. Hopefully they will replace them, but they should give you something extra if you have to mail them in.

These aren’t great. I used to have a contact at UD but no longer…hopefully they take care of you.
already under way!

i sent pics and the return process has started. pain in the neck though. first one i saw i was wth is this? chalk? nope it’s a reproducible defect of the print run or batch. the circle ⭕️ on the ice where the player is roughly centered you can see a white dot on the ring. the defect is a “skate blade length” to the right on all of them. it is not on the sparkle parallels

already under way!

i sent pics and the return process has started. pain in the neck though. first one i saw i was wth is this? chalk? nope it’s a reproducible defect of the print run or batch. the circle ⭕️ on the ice where the player is roughly centered you can see a white dot on the ring. the defect is a “skate blade length” to the right on all of them. it is not on the sparkle parallels
at first i thought “ an easter egg? 1979 OPC parallel?”

Back