Football removing a card from BGS slab HELP!

ac-n-mike said:
it sort of hurts the value

Yes, but it is what it is - correct? At least in the case its protected.

Are you looking to take it out of the case to sell it? If so, unless you state the cards true condition; you're not being very honest!

Personally I have always taken a small pocket knife and rocked the edge back and forth on a corner until it wedges into the case; I then carefully rock it back and forth until I can pry the top and bottom apart - then just slowly pull/pry all around the case.

I have never tried a BGS case but the PSA cases are easy....;)

Good luck with whatever you try. Don't slip with the screwdriver and stab your hand though.

Thanks
Mike

tried to remove my first card from BGS slab....I am now typing with 3 fingers.....OUCH! just kidding...I will try later...THANKS GUYS for all the info

I would check with beckett and see if they can break it and just slab it as authentic without a grade. I'm not sure I would want to risk damaging a lebron auto attempting to break it open. If you damage it the card will be worthless.

I basically got a hammer...and a nail cracked all 4 corners off....then worked on the edges....it was VERY easy....VERY easy....not even close to the card or woried about messing it up...worked GREAT!

cool nice to know thanks

ac-n-mike said:
I basically got a hammer...and a nail cracked all 4 corners off....then worked on the edges....it was VERY easy....VERY easy....not even close to the card or woried about messing it up...worked GREAT!

Back