Quick update of my latest adventure

rexvos

Bench Warmer
Here is a little story of the last 48 hours.

First of all I woke up at 4:30 am yesterday morning to start my trek. I picked up another guy here (whom I barely know, but seems to be an honest decent guy) to make the trip with me. It took us almost 12 hours to get there as I drove my truck pulling a Uhaul trailer. Loaded up for about 2 hours with 6 people helping. Fully loaded every square inch with about a million cards (not exagerrating one bit)

The strength is baseball. Tons of grading fees for me and my couterpart. Bill is quarterbacking a lot of digging through the baseball and using his sharp eyes to pick out key rookies to grade:

Here is a rundown of some of the baseball finds:

1978 Topps Baseball set
1979 Topps Baseball set
about 5-8 1984 Fleer Baseball sets (with one dead centered sharp Mattingly so far about $200 card in PSA 10)
about 4-5 1984 Donruss set with another Mattingly that is 50/50 with 4 sharp corners ($450 psa 10)
6 - 8 1989 Upper Deck sets (no super sharp Griffeys yet
1995-2004 Bowman Baseball sets
1994 Upper Deck Electric Diamond sets
tons of 1994 Upper Deck (just found a box with 5 sharp Arod rookies)
5-6 1986 Fleer Update sets
20+ 1989 Fleer Sets
20+ 1987 Topps sets
10+ 1987 Donruss sets
10+ 1987 Fleer sets
5+ 1982 Fleer and Donruss sets (Ripken)
1983 Donruss factory sets
1983 Topps sets
1986 Topps traded sets
1988 Score Traded sets

tons of rookies of guys like Pujols, Utley, Grienke, Halliday, all major stars, not found any autoed stuff yet though, do not know if that is separate or if he sold that to the other guy that got all his 60s and early 70s stuff

Football and Basketball, and crap Hockey
lots of beat up vintage football,
Not really sure what is all there yet, maybe a find or two, but going to be my job to find it. lot of the stuff in better condition is 1988 - up, but some early 80s stuff, may find a good rookie or two in decent shape (already found some HOF rookies, but nothing worth grading)

did find a 1991 Stadium Club set (have not looked at the Favre yet though)

tons of 1992-93 Basketball, some early Fleer stuff, but nothing spectacular yet, holding out hope.
Tons of Upper Deck sets with Shaq rookies, other sets from those years, may find some cool stuff, but if anyone is interesested in any of these contact me.

Hockey I am clueless on this but I am handing all Hockey stuff, may just break up into player lots, but if there are any Carters at all Kelly gets them as a gift.

Please contact me for any set need or Player want for basketball, hockey or football, or any baseball stuff you are looking for as I probably have it.

It will take forever for me to find stuff because of the sheer bulk, but be patient as I am always accessible even though I may not respond quick.

I will be offering up special deals for anyone on the site and hoping to have some cool extras for the player and set collectors (Frank Thomas, Ozzie Guillen for Zeeck, plus I know who everyone collects)

I will try to get scans up, but do not expect too much, I will keep everyone up to date on eBay listings as well, as I will not be on the site as much, but will be accessible via cell. Any want it PM me or Sliq, he has it.

I got to Shreveport about 8:30 this am. I drove the entire time, as I was pulling a fully loaded trailer through the Ozarks and had to go incredibly slow. I unloaded tons of stuff with the other guy at his house, before coming home and unloading the rest of the trailer at mine (finished about 2, with occasional breaks to look for a few treasures) Returned the Uhaul and dropped some baseball finds off at the guys house. Ate for the first time today, and took a 3 hour nap. Still feel like crap but I am excited, this is easily the most exciting thing I have ever done in the hobby.

On one hand, sounds like a lotta work
On the 2nd, sounds like fun

Knowing what little I know about Hockey stuff, I would advise not so quick to overlook what might be some diamonds, Hockey collectors are a loyal bunch.

Very Cool i'll be intrested in some of the older sets. also Hockey of the Bruins and Lightning stuff. Bucs in football. Call me sunday when you get time i sent you my number

1989 UD Reverse Negative Dale Murphy
91-94 Donruss Elite Griffey
93 SP Die Cuts of Griffey
1989 Fleer Ripken Whiteout
assorted griffey inserts from the 90s and current...

those would be things id want

I'd be interested in finding out what all you have for hockey. Perhaps interested in any Lindros(90's) or Tocchet (80's-90's) stuff. Some mid 80's rookies can be very pricy if in good condition. Not too much in the 90's holds value unfortunately.

Sounds like an awesome time and an absolute blast to search through.

also if there is new football

2001 topps chrome refractors
2002 topps chrome refractors
2004 reflections
2005 reflections

When you get through it all I will need to find a 1988 JoJo Townsell that can get a 9 or higher. That will be a fun dig through all that stuff.

found nm rookies of:

Marino
Elway
Moon

Rice NM-MT little oc top to bottm

Moon - all the rookies from 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87 some doubles

I would love:

89 Griffey UD of course
84 Yzerman OPC or Topps rc (hockey)
and rookies you can tell of Brendan Shanahan, Niklas Lidstrom, Sergei Fedorov, Larry murphy

I would love:

89 Griffey UD of course
84 Yzerman OPC or Topps rc (hockey)
and rookies you can tell of Brendan Shanahan, Niklas Lidstrom, Sergei Fedorov, Larry murphy

found some Votto rookies too. I doubt if I have good 80s hockey, I think it is all 90s stuff, but there is a chance it is in here, as there is everything else in the world in here.

just went through some 75 and 76 Topps Football,

decent Theismann rookie just OC

nice Randy White rookie just OC

Jack Lambert rookie and some other stars,

No Fouts or Payton though. also found a 1981 Topps FB set minus the Joe Montana :(

Back