Weird Hoops Error I Found

Journeyman

Veteran
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
Sorting sets and I came across this odd error card. Hoops Olden Polynice with a Curtis Joseph Pro Set Hockey back.
Anyone else see something similar out of Hoops or Pro Set? I’m guessing they used the same printing factory and there was a mix up.

Attachments

• IMG_4491.jpeg
    IMG_4491.jpeg
    56.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4492.jpeg
    IMG_4492.jpeg
    86 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4493.jpeg
    IMG_4493.jpeg
    84.6 KB · Views: 5
I had never heard of this or seen any of that on all of the Pro-Set I opened. That seems weird that two different brands would be mixed together, but I guess it is possible. Is the card normal thickness?

I had never heard of this or seen any of that on all of the Pro-Set I opened. That seems weird that two different brands would be mixed together, but I guess it is possible. Is the card normal thickness?
Yep. Normal thickness. I know there was a case of magic the gathering cards being printed on the old Wyvern ccg backs as they both used the same printing company. Those are worth a lot more than this one likely is.

I would think there would be a whole sheet of these, but maybe they caught the rest before they escaped the factory? Like I said, I opened a bunch of the hockey Pro Set and never saw any errors like that, so maybe it is all only in the Hoops product. It is at least a nice oddball piece that I would not expect many people to have. There might be a CuJo fan looking for that for their player collection.

I would think there would be a whole sheet of these, but maybe they caught the rest before they escaped the factory? Like I said, I opened a bunch of the hockey Pro Set and never saw any errors like that, so maybe it is all only in the Hoops product. It is at least a nice oddball piece that I would not expect many people to have. There might be a CuJo fan looking for that for their player collection.
I’m guessing they were a hoops sheet with a the misprint being the hockey card.

Back