Pro Bowl/All Star Games

sliqwill

Prospect
Transactions: 1
the NFL Pro Bowl is the worst 'All Star' game out there...at least the MLB game 'means' something since the winner gets homefield in the World Series, and the NBA and NHL do cool stuff...

i saw some highlights for some NHL thing yesterday where they were doing some sort of trick shot stuff and it looked like everyone was having fun and the goal was to be fun...

i know MLB does the HR Derby and they have the legends game or whatever, which is fairly interesting

i know the NBA does the dunk contest (which is stupid now i think), the 3 point shootout, and some other skills stuff...

the NFL has announcers and by the 4th quarter its like preseason football, the announcers talk more and get more face time than the game gets... :wall: and its "Tom Brady" rules

The NFL used to do fun stuff, like beach football, flag football, or skills challenges. Now it seems they just do the Pro Bowl to save themselves from injury. I remember Robert Edwards ruined his career because of the beach football game. Still, I would like to see a skills challenge again. Maybe something similar to the quarterback challenge years ago, and maybe something like this for receivers.

[youtube]f9seo0M6hC8[/youtube]

i remember QB skills contest where they would have moving targets set up downfield, but i dont think it was part of the Pro Bowl

i remember QB skills contest where they would have moving targets set up downfield, but i dont think it was part of the Pro Bowl

I remember it being much later, and after checking, they filmed the final QBC in May '07, and were set to air it in August '07. However, they had to erase Vick out of it due to legalities, and decided to cancel it all together.

Back