Pre-Season Week 1: Observations

swany

Bench Warmer
To follow up on Zeeck's thread about training camp observations...let's hear your thoughts on a team/player that showed glimpses of brilliance during the 1st week of pre-season play.

Colts' D has a long way to go after watching them Thursday night. But to their credit, they never do well in pre-season. 1-9 in their last 10 games.

I am anxious to see how well the Packers O-line and rookie RB Brandon Jackson handle the blitz from Pittsburgh tonight. And rookie WR James Jones gets his first crack to show the big play ability he has displayed during training camp.

Intensity and improvement are what matters.... see how they do when their starters begin to go more series into the games. Not like that cb that signed with NO faired tremendously.

Norwood looked like Dunn won't be missed.

Bobby Wade was impressive but really won't get many TD's I don't think.

Thought Bush needed to stop juking and just run , he could have had way more YAC on a few plays.

Palco REALLY surprised me , I was like who is that ? :)

Irons looked like he was the real deal but we'll have to wait till next year on him.

Barber III looked like he may be playing somewhere else next year and starting !

Liked these guys from the games I did watch.

Kellen Clemens looked sharp.

Chansi Stuckey looks like the steal of the draft this year in the 7th round.

Brian Leonard impressed the coaches and it looks like he'll be getting 10-15 touches in the regular season.

only watched the Vikes vs Rams

Brian Leonard sucks. But he is good against 3rd team D

Tarvaris Jackson has horrible mechanics. Wait til he is up against a good secondary.

Adrian Peterson, welcome to the NFL were you cant stand up straight and run through people.

Fitzpatrick is a good back up

Rams offense looks good as a whole but there defense is suspect, vice versa for the Vikes.

Sucks? Eh a little early to say that I think but I know pretty much everyone on this board hates me for some reason unknown to me lol. But so be it.

has nothing to do with you.

BL is scared, he hits the hole slow, tentatively, and looks like he shouldnt be out there

:lollol::lollol::lollol:

First, Leonard entered the game in the second drive and played against the first team D.

Second, one of the main observations from the game was that Leonard hit the hole hard and was not tentative at all. Some comments were that Leonard doesn't look like a rookie at all at this stage.

Never put alot of faith in pre-season. We went 0-4 last year in it and did well regular season. We're 0-2 now, although we looked better vs. Buffalo than we did Pitt. In contrast I remember going undefeated in pre-season many times only to finish 3-13 seasons, so that shows you how relevant it is.

Just sick of watching starters go down injured in these meaningless affairs.

Two words, ladies:

Dennis Northcutt (caught a TD :secret:)

Plus, so far, he's worked with the first team. A starter. The collection could gain value into the black. :shock:

Back