Week 6 NFL News...

sliqwill

Prospect
Transactions: 1
some interesting things have happened since the week 5 games, so here we go...

Tim Tebow is now the 'official' starter of the Broncos they have a bye this week

Brandon Lloyd is no on the trade block (because Denver is overstocked at WR talent :lollol:)

Brandon Marshall wants to get thrown out of a game :scratch:

Jay Cutler says "physically" he can take the pressure/hits of the crappy OLine, but "mentally" it is taking a toll :pop:

none of these sound like good ideas to me, let Tebow play RB, or run some trick plays with him (outside of the wildcat)

so start a new QB and offer your best WR for trade? sure Lloyd underperformed before his stint in Denver (case of alligator arms), and they want picks, not players, so obviously they arent looking to turn around the season, and they are only looking for a 3rd on him...maybe the bears could bring in some talent, but i think Lloyd was there before and sucked

Cutler could have gotten away with just saying 'i can handle the pressure' but by breaking it down into physical and mental stressers, i think he screwed up...if i was a DC id be looking to show blitz then back into coverage since it obviously rattles him. sure you have to rush occasssionally to make it stick in his head, but by showing then going to coverage it should lead to poor decisions and interceptions...

my thoughts going into week 6...

The Broncos wanna get young, I guess. He's 30. They shoulda traded him after his season last year, after they axed the coach. And with Tebow, it's time to pound the rock.

Asante Samuel to the LIONS for a 2nd rounder is a trade rumor that obviously interests me. We've been drafting well lately though, so I'm unsure if it is a good idea or not.

I get the "mental" comments from Cutler. It wrecks your confidence to NEVER have any time to plant your feet. We've done that to many of our own QBs in Detroit!

Lloyd wouldn't be a bad fit for the Panthers

bears, lions, dolphins, raiders, cowboys, jets...

plenty of teams could use a guy like him, and plenty of teams are thin at WR...

imagine what the Lions would look like putting him opposite Megatron that would give them a great 1-2 at WR plus Pettigrew has been doing well at TE, lets them do fun stuff with Titus Young and Burleson with a 4 wide :shifty:

about the only teams i cant see a reason to go after him are the Packers because they are completely stocked and deep at WR (plus their need is an athletic white offensive lineman and they arent that easy to find), and the Patriots, because it doesnt really matter what you give to Brady, he can make it work (and i hate brady)

Back