Plaxico Burress shoots self in leg

so let me get this straight, he's facing a 3.5 yr jail stint for shooting himself in the leg???
so everyone who gets caught with a firearm that doesn't have a CCW permit gets 3.5 yrs in jail?

i can't say i ever shot myself but when i did get shot, the guy didn't even go to jail, but my buddy who got shot in the foot went to jail and he saved my life by pushing me out of the way. new york laws baffle me

i would think he already is paying for it with the hole in his leg.

so let me get this straight, he's facing a 3.5 yr jail stint for shooting himself in the leg???
so everyone who gets caught with a firearm that doesn't have a CCW permit gets 3.5 yrs in jail?

i can't say i ever shot myself but when i did get shot, the guy didn't even go to jail, but my buddy who got shot in the foot went to jail and he saved my life by pushing me out of the way. new york laws baffle me

That's probably a maximum penalty. With no criminal record, he's not going to see any jail time.

Last year they jacked up the penalties for carrying a weapon with out a permit. They had to do it because of the amount of unregistered guns that have been involved with gun related crimes. I think it is a heavy sentence but people need to register their guns.

That's probably a maximum penalty. With no criminal record, he's not going to see any jail time.

The paper today said that is "MINIMUM" sentence for the maximum felony charges. The Max is 5-7 I think. He will probably be found guilty of a lesser charge which will allow him to get away with probabtion like Puffy Puff Daddy, P Diddie or whatever people call him did when he was caught with a gun in NYC.

The paper today said that is "MINIMUM" sentence for the maximum felony charges. The Max is 5-7 I think. He will probably be found guilty of a lesser charge which will allow him to get away with probabtion like Puffy Puff Daddy, P Diddie or whatever people call him did when he was caught with a gun in NYC.

You mean "alll the people who aren't pop stars, athletes", or in other words.... uhhh... he won't serve any time, but any other common folk who did the same thing would be outta action until the next Presidential election. Like they'd be allowed to vote at that point anyway :D

Actually what I have heard on the national sports radio is that the 3 1/2 years is mandatory. If he's convicted. IF :roll:

You mean "alll the people who aren't pop stars, athletes", or in other words.... uhhh... he won't serve any time, but any other common folk who did the same thing would be outta action until the next Presidential election. Like they'd be allowed to vote at that point anyway :D

Actually what I have heard on the national sports radio is that the 3 1/2 years is mandatory. If he's convicted. IF :roll:
I think he should get whatever the law says he should get. I find it funny that Mayor Bloomberg is hammering away at this that Plax should be charged to the fullest extent of the law. I do agree with that but coming from Bloomberg it's funny because he used his political connections and wealth to get the City to overturn the term limits for Mayors so he could run again. Hypocrit.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think he should get whatever the law says he should get. I find it funny that Mayor Bloomberg is hammering away at this that Plax should be charged to the fullest extent of the law. I do agree with that but coming from Bloomberg it's funny because he used his political connections and wealth to get the City to overturn the term limits for Mayors so he could run again. Hypocrit.

Didn't know that about Bloomberg, pretty funny.

:roflmao::lollol:

well nfl.com said he'd likely be out 4-6 weeks anyways which means it was a little more than a flesh wound, he has a hole in his leg and since they are saying 6 wks max, i'm guessing he didn't rip any tendons

i figured a suspension would be coming from the team or league soon anyways. since they suspended adam jones for just being in situations where the cops were called, i didn't think they could get away with NOT suspending him.

Back