Picked Up Two Big Additions to the Football Card Collection

CamaroDMD

Insert Cool Title
Over the last week, I found and purchased a pair of football cards on eBay that have alluded me for a long time. I can't wait for the to arrive...these are two of my "dream cards."

They might not seem as big of a deal to you (who knows, maybe they will)...but these are MAJOR additions for me.

I will post them once they arrive...so I won't give any more details. All I will say is they are from the mid 1990s and one specifically has been a dream card of mine since I was a child.

One came in the mail today and it looks great. As many of you know...I mostly collect older stuff. I focus on cards I liked from my childhood (1990s) and what I consider to be "vintage" cards (1980s and before).

This card comes from one of my favorite types of cards...1990s autographs. But, it's not just any autograph. As many of you may know, Pro Line was well known for their large autograph issues in the 1990s. They also had several years which a bunch of non-auto parallel sets. In 1995, they combined the two and made a very small but very short printed set.

In 1995, they took 8 cards from their "Printers Proof" parallel issue (limited to 400) and had those cards signed. The autographed Printers Proof set was limited to 50 sets and with only 8 cards...they were extremely hard to find due to the extreme saturation of the card market in those days. An SP of 50 in 1995 was about as rare as it got.

I have always dreamed of putting together this set of 8...and I finally picked up my first example. All 8 cards were bigger names at that time...and I came across the Drew Bledsoe.

So, here it is:

1995 Pro Line Printer's Proof Autographs #175 Drew Bledsoe (23/50)

So, the other card came today...and this is a big addition for me. I have dreamed of owning this card since I was a kid and now that I have one...I think it is probably one of my top 5 favorite cards.

I have always been a huge Joe Montana fan and his cards have always been my #1 card collecting interest. I tend to focus mainly on cards that were actually printed during his playing years (which would be cards from 1981-95...I include 1995 because those cards reflect his final season which was 1994). However, there are a couple Montana's issued after he retired that have been major interests of mine.

This is one of those. This card came out not long before I left card collecting for about a decade...it might be the final "dream" card to come out during my childhood. Not only were these cards very hard to find (insert rate was 1:2500 packs)...they were also very historic as they were the very first GU cards ever issued. For that reason alone they are quite sought after.

So, here it is:

1996 Upper Deck Game Jersey #GJ3 Joe Montana
upload_2015-8-31_19-54-41.jpeg

Oh I bet you that the Joe Montana card would drive some people crazy to have. That one is certainly worth something, and I would say that you should hold on to that one for as long as you can. That is great that you were able to find these two, and I bet both of them will really appeal to a lot of football fans.

Oh I bet you that the Joe Montana card would drive some people crazy to have. That one is certainly worth something, and I would say that you should hold on to that one for as long as you can. That is great that you were able to find these two, and I bet both of them will really appeal to a lot of football fans.
It had been one of my dream cards since I was a little kid. They are quite expensive. There is one on eBay right now for about $165 shipped with 21 bids and almost a day left. I paid a little less than $180 for mine and I thought I got a heck of a price on it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1996-Upper-...994724?hash=item5429a5f464:g:jZgAAOSwpRRWpZIO

Back