Pay it Forward

Mike

TP9 | VC15
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
As I was looking around at some of my card "piles" last night it dawned on me that I have too many cards and I need to clear some of them out. I'm sure there are quite a few of you guys who could say the same. The problem with that is, I have no idea what I should do with them. I definitely don't have the time to list them all on eBay, and some of the "low end" inserts and base cards would be a waste of time anyways. So, with that in mind, I thought I should just give some of them away.

So, that's exactly what I want to do. The problem with that, though, is I'm not sure who could use the ones I have to give away. Then I remembered a similar thread on TCC, started by crpalmi, and thought we should do something like that here. So, here we are.

Here's How it Works

Simply post what your collecting interests are in this thread. Whether it be a specific player, a team, a set, or anything else just post it here. I, hopefully along with some other members, will look through my stacks of cards and see if I have anything that matches your needs and, if so, send it to you for free.

The catch, though, is that by posting your needs in this thread you also agree that you will look through this thread and try to send some freebies to at least one other member who posted their needs, whether you receive something or not. Obviously you won't have something for everyone, but you must at least try to "pay it forward" at some point.

Sending and Receiving

Once you send a package you can either keep it a secret or post in this thread. It might be a good idea to drop a note in the package letting people know it is part of the TCZ Pay it Forward.

If you receive a package, please post in this thread who you got it from. This is so we can keep up with who is sending.

Last edited:
I collect many things, but most of those are long shots as "freebies".

I'll just list this "need" for now:

ANY Tony Parker cards (base, inserts, etc). It's a little known fact that I "super-collect" him. ;)

I am in for sure, but how do we get the addresses? It is nicer of it could be anonymous but I know some would not want to post their addresses on here. Just let me know and I start to see what I have to pay forward.

My main interests are any Reds (Votto and Barry Larkin, mainly), Cowboys and anybody that played for the Universty of Kentucky (believe it or there are several in the NFL and MLB, as well as the NBA).

I am in for sure, but how do we get the addresses? It is nicer of it could be anonymous but I know some would not want to post their addresses on here. Just let me know and I start to see what I have to pay forward.

In some cases you'll be able to PM a group break host, or someone you know they have recently traded with, for their addresses. Otherwise, you'll have to just ask them via PM. We certainly don't want any addresses posted in the main forums.

Also, I'm sure I have some things for you. ;)

i collect CARDINALS!!!!! Really looking to find some Stan Musial cards for my dad so i can give them to him on his birthday...but me, i collect alot of beltran and i don't know what it is but i have a like 10 helton cards..... im new to this card collecting thing so i guess if i have alot of helton i guess having a few more cards wouldn't hurt

As always this sort of thing is a cool idea no matter where it came from. It gets "unwanted" cards circulated to those who "want" them.

I collect the Wash DC and Baltimore Teams for the most part along with the LA/St. Louis Rams. I am also into vintage (Pre 1980) and Non-Sport. Not too big on GU but love Autos especially on-card, but on-sticker is OK as well.

Would love to get my hands on one of those stupidlysuperdupershortprintedhowtheheckcanateamorplayercollectorgetoneoftheseforrealcheap 2012 Topps Archives Bryce Harper RC #241 cards that people seem to want $$Million$$$ for. My personal limit for that one would be my highest personal limit for just one NEW card which is usually no more than $20-$30 but for that card I'd go as high as maybe $40-$45

I've been encouraged to post a "need" here.. so.. I'm gonna lol

I'm always looking for Ultimate Collection across all sports and years. Base or what ever.

I also collect Andrew Luck, Peyton Manning, Thomas Robinson, Blazers, Colts and the people in my sig :)

Last edited:
This would be a great way to get some of the new people involved, if they would just let us know what they are looking for.

I have plenty of freebies I can send out. I collect New York Giants, Detroit Tigers, University of Michigan players, and Mario Manningham

Ditto Ken-Just to much stuff I have that the wife wants to burn Lol! Looking for Red Wings, Lions, Tigers!

I have some Football, Baseball, Basketball, I will pm some members to see if anyone wants them in a lot, not sure on the players or BV, but maybe someone will take them and maybe find something good in them, lions and Tigers not included;)

I PC the Saints and Alabama football. Just getting back into collecting, so I don't have much for other teams right now. I've either donated or traded them away.

Back