Pay it Forward

Big Ups to Franklinguy52!! I got an envelope in the mail today from Troy and it contained some very special cards.

My family has a special regard for PGA vet Fred Couples. He's a great guy and a good supporter of the University of Houston. Troy's package contained a really cool Upper Deck Fairway Classics swatch card of Freddy.

IMG_0004.jpg

There was also a Brooks Robinson game-used jersey card from the Panini National Treasures set. Funny thing is the before I went to get the mail I hit up ebay to check on an auction and what did I see in the "you might like" grouping of stuff on my page but this exact card. And I put it on my watch list. That's a weird and almost spooky coincidence, no?

IMG_0003.jpg

Troy sent five cards in total and each of them had a significance to my collecting. Rather than make this a huge reply I will be posting them all on my blog in the near future and I'll come back and paste in a link.

Thanks again Troy. Now I'm going to go and see what 'Pay it Forward' items I can send along to someone here. Without very many modern cards I'll really need to be inventive. ;)

Awesome! And that is very spooky that whole just adding a card to the watch list, and poof there it is.. I should give that a try and see if it works :LOL:

Nice Pay It Forward package recieved today from Ken (pwolantern)!!

Some very nice base and rookies from the Reds and Cowboys along with these:

For my UK PC a nice auto that is hand numbered

Press Pass Kevin Ogletree auto:

And a sweet Keyshawn Johnson dual jersey numbered to 250

Thanks Ken, love the whole package!

I'm new to this forum but I'm a collector of all wvu mountaineers players. And I'm also a huge cowboys fan. I only collect baseball for one player and that is josh Hamilton.

I'm new to this forum but I'm a collector of all wvu mountaineers players. And I'm also a huge cowboys fan. I only collect baseball for one player and that is josh Hamilton.

Do you collect base, inserts, and all? If so, I might be able to look through my Cowboys stack and find you some that I may have duplicates of when I get a chance.

Do you collect base, inserts, and all? If so, I might be able to look through my Cowboys stack and find you some that I may have duplicates of when I get a chance.
I collect mostly inserts for the cowboys. I honestly have all the base one could ever want. Just not many inserts from the new
Guys. I mean I have 126 emmitt smith cards. As for wvu mountaineer cards I collect any and all. Pro or college uniforms . Base or insert. Doesn't matter. Who are the players you are looking for? Didn't see it in the thread.

I collect mostly inserts for the cowboys. I honestly have all the base one could ever want. Just not many inserts from the new
Guys. I mean I have 126 emmitt smith cards. As for wvu mountaineer cards I collect any and all. Pro or college uniforms . Base or insert. Doesn't matter. Who are the players you are looking for? Didn't see it in the thread.

I'll take a look and see what I have for you. I collect Cowboys too, but for this thread I just listed Tony Parker. I collect all of his cards, whether they're base, inserts, jerseys, etc.

I'll take a look and see what I have for you. I collect Cowboys too, but for this thread I just listed Tony Parker. I collect all of his cards, whether they're base, inserts, jerseys, etc.
I don't think I have any of his stuff. I have maybe 100 total bball cards. do you like the spurs? I have a nice manu ginobli jersey card. Along with a couple Duncan inserts and rookies.

Troy (and all)...

I posted about the cards on my blog today. You can get there thru my sig or in the Members Blogs thread.

Thanks again. It was a nice gesture.

I don't think I have any of his stuff. I have maybe 100 total bball cards. do you like the spurs? I have a nice manu ginobli jersey card. Along with a couple Duncan inserts and rookies.

Certainly don't feel like you need to send me something, even if I send you something for the "Pay it Forward". Sending something to anyone in this thread is all that I would expect. ;)

Also, I received a package for Pay it Forward from Ken yesterday. I'll post the contents as soon as I feel well enough to play with my scanner.

So..

Troy.. what an awesome PIF package! Holy cow lol A couple dupes but everything was for a PC of mine.. a there were a lot of em! I'll add a pic/list tomorrow when I get the time.

Much appreciated Troy :)

Back