Osama Relic Card!!!

bhelser said:
how is copyright infringement a petty crime?

Well for starters the card wasn't put into mass production lol. At most it could have fetched $5. Copyright infringement on a larger scale is a big crime, but on that scale it wasn't that serious (still against the law yes). It's like someone selling a pirated movie to one of their friends and a guy making a living selling pirated movies on the streets, different levels of it.

Being against the law is still against the law. Doesnt make it right just because it might have sold for 5.00, you dont know that.

Not to mention, copyrighting a company as large as Upper Deck is probably making it worse if they were to pursue any action.

people make "second hand" or altered cards...or CUSTOM cards all the time...

Ebay doesnt take them off of the auction block...

THE MAIN reason that THIS card was removed is because ebay has rules about TRAGEDIES, DEATHS etc...

FOR INSTANCE they pulled a TON of auctions when the Space Shuttle exploded becaseu people were trying to profit of if it....the World Trade Center pieces were EASILY and understandably pulled....

This is just viewed as trying to profit off of a tragic event...and YES I know that is NOT what you had in mind, BUT that is how they saw it

STILL an interesting NOVELTY card and I wouldnt put it past a card company to insert a OSAMA Relic someday...THOSE greedy fools stop at NOTHING...i.e George Washinton hair card...Mother Theresa Auto, Dog Paw print etc

ac-n-mike said:
people make "second hand" or altered cards...or CUSTOM cards all the time...

Ebay doesnt take them off of the auction block...

THE MAIN reason that THIS card was removed is because ebay has rules about TRAGEDIES, DEATHS etc...

FOR INSTANCE they pulled a TON of auctions when the Space Shuttle exploded becaseu people were trying to profit of if it....the World Trade Center pieces were EASILY and understandably pulled....

This is just viewed as trying to profit off of a tragic event...and YES I know that is NOT what you had in mind, BUT that is how they saw it

STILL an interesting NOVELTY card and I wouldnt put it past a card company to insert a OSAMA Relic someday...THOSE greedy fools stop at NOTHING...i.e George Washinton hair card...Mother Theresa Auto, Dog Paw print etc

lol very true!

Johan Santana #57 said:
Being against the law is still against the law. Doesnt make it right just because it might have sold for 5.00, you dont know that.

Not to mention, copyrighting a company as large as Upper Deck is probably making it worse if they were to pursue any action.

Just because something is against the law it doesn't make it morally wrong, just politically. Laws change all the time. Morally there is nothing wrong with it, some low income guy made a card for fun, after giving hundreds of hundreds of his dollars to a company like Upper Deck it's the least he could do to hurt them. It's just that the corporate machines are as greedy as they get. Unfortunately we live in a world where 13 year old girls get sued for downloading childrens music and women who record 4 second clips of movies on their cell phone get thrown into jail.

Back