Any '89 Score Baseball Fans Out There?

Mealticket

Bench Warmer
Hey all - newbie here, cleaning out closets where I grew up and it's time to start selling some stuff. Of course finding the hobby very different from when I grew up buying a wax pack of 10 cards for .10 and getting frustrated to get yet another Hank Aaron '73 (why does Topps have him looking up in the sun with a 1st baseman's mitt?). I'm lucky if even one of them survived, and if it did, it's BEAT UP. Then again, I didn't even check current price on that. Which I would pretty much have to do on eBay. That's the reality. LOL - the local grocery store I could walk to only had series 1...I had to walk over 1/2 hour to go to the drug store that for some reason had the higher series cards.

Okay, selling is tough, and it certainly seems like a buyer's market, especially if money is tight, or even if you just seek value. So I should take a break and take full advantage of this environment. I didn't have to think about it; 1989 Score Baseball. What's not to like? Every card I have now from that set is a great action shot, and the back has a solid head pic. Also, outfielders are not shown with just the usual 'OF'; - the cards specify LF, CF, RF. I think that rocks. Hey, let's enjoy the hobby. I bought the complete set on eBay for less than dinner AT PRETTY MUCH ANY RESTAURANT IN THE US TODAY...Can't wait for it to arrive tomorrow. Takes me back a few decades, that anticipation of a simple pleasure. Who doesn't need that these days? Lemme know your thoughts on '89 Score.

MT

Hey all - newbie here, cleaning out closets where I grew up and it's time to start selling some stuff. Of course finding the hobby very different from when I grew up buying a wax pack of 10 cards for .10 and getting frustrated to get yet another Hank Aaron '73 (why does Topps have him looking up in the sun with a 1st baseman's mitt?). I'm lucky if even one of them survived, and if it did, it's BEAT UP. Then again, I didn't even check current price on that. Which I would pretty much have to do on eBay. That's the reality. LOL - the local grocery store I could walk to only had series 1...I had to walk over 1/2 hour to go to the drug store that for some reason had the higher series cards.

Okay, selling is tough, and it certainly seems like a buyer's market, especially if money is tight, or even if you just seek value. So I should take a break and take full advantage of this environment. I didn't have to think about it; 1989 Score Baseball. What's not to like? Every card I have now from that set is a great action shot, and the back has a solid head pic. Also, outfielders are not shown with just the usual 'OF'; - the cards specify LF, CF, RF. I think that rocks. Hey, let's enjoy the hobby. I bought the complete set on eBay for less than dinner AT PRETTY MUCH ANY RESTAURANT IN THE US TODAY...Can't wait for it to arrive tomorrow. Takes me back a few decades, that anticipation of a simple pleasure. Who doesn't need that these days? Lemme know your thoughts on '89 Score.

MT
@Mealticket

89 Score was a fun set! Some great names and HOFers!!
images (2).jpegimages (1).jpegimages.jpegdownload (1).jpegdownload.jpeg1989_score_traded_1__07712.jpg

Here are a few of my favorites!!

Back