Racing New #42 Driver to be announced Friday

ranbethscards

NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah!
Earnhardt Ganassi released this today:

Earnhardt Ganassi to announce #42 driver Friday: Earnhardt Ganassi Racing has scheduled a press conference to announce the new driver of the #42 Target Chevy on Friday at 2:35pm/et at Atlanta Motor Speedway

Thinking it's going to be someone that can "WIN" (sorry JPM.. but it's true!)

I am thinking that NEWMAN has the upper-hand on this... hoping they don't give the "old guy" (Martin) the full time ride.

I don't think Mark wants to race every race at this point in his career. Newman makes sense, unless they decide to go with a rookie? With Vickers locked up at MWR, there isn't alot of choices, really. Where does Montoya go? Back to open wheel?

Today's rumor mill has EGR bringing up second year Nationwide Driver Kyle Larson.

I like the kid... he's shown alot of promise this year, but not sure he's ready for the big time.

jayski.com reported:

Kyle Larson isn't staying put very long. Earnhardt Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates will move the 21-year-old upstart to the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series fulltime in 2014, multiple sources confirmed Tuesday. Reached by phone on Tuesday evening, a team spokesman declined comment. Larson and team members of the Ganassi organization were notified of the decision this week, sources said. Larson will replace Juan Pablo Montoya in the #42 Chevy.

UPDATE: Kyle Larson is about to achieve his goal of becoming a driver in NASCAR's premier Sprint Cup Series. The 21-year-old racing prodigy from Elk Grove, Calif., will join Jamie McMurray next year on the two-car team of Earnhardt Ganassi Racing with Felix Sabates, persons familiar with the situation who were not authorized to speak publicly said Wednesday. Larson is expected to step into the #42 Chevy and replace veteran Juan Pablo Montoya.

so, it's all official... except we are waiting on the official announcement...

(I know, okay, how can this be official then?) :rolleyes:

Back