My Yankees PC Thread-It's Informational

YankeeCollector

Prospect
4 (100%)
I enjoy looking through everyone's growing collections on here and I just thought I would take the time to share my small, but hopefully growing New York Yankees collection. I hope to make this thread as interactive and informative as possible. Enjoy!!!!

I will start off with one of my few, but favorite autographs in my collection.

7412381430_a1b418868c.jpg

2006 Upper Deck Ovation Spotlight Signatures Chien-Ming Wang

I love the look of this card, plus Wang was a great pitcher before he got injured and the Yankees let him go. I thought it might come back to bite them in the end, but it seems it was justified. Another thing that I think is cool, is that when I looked up Chien-Ming Wang stuff on ebay, he seems to be signing in english now, which made this card seem even cooler to add to the collection.

Chien-Ming Wang's Career Record (Yankees) 55-26 (Two 19-Win Seasons)

He was pretty good, with six of those losses coming in his final year in pinstripes.

YankeeCollector

Prospect
4 (100%)
Here are some of my things of current Yankees players.

7411939996_63bae5ce08.jpg

2011 Topps Allen and Ginter Relics Robinson Cano

He can hit.

7411939144_c80f8d090b.jpg

2011 Topps Allen and Ginter Relics Brett Gardner

At least he has played more games than Carl Crawford has this year.

7409550174_8910b6ca85.jpg

2010 Topps National Chicle Relics Mark Teixeira

He has an unlimited Tex-ting plan with the short porch at Yankee Stadium.

7244118366_ae8aa70730.jpg

2010 TRISTAR Obak Autographs Neil Medchill #ed 040/125

There are several autographs in this set that most of the letters are spelled out in the autograph, but a call-up can change that to only two letters.

7412381548_bfc83fac1c.jpg

2008 Stadium Club Beam Team Autographs Jayson Nix

I usually don't pick up autographs of Yankees players not in Yankees uniforms unless I feel they will be with the team long-term or will have an impact in that particular season, but when I do I try to find the cards that I find the most appealing. I love these Beam Team autographs and just about every other kind of card that uses the acetate technology.

YankeeCollector

Prospect
4 (100%)
This here is my start to the "I hope that trade works out in the long run" collection. Jose Campos is on the DL too, but I am not sure if it is season-ending or not. I think it will all work out in the end though. Neither Jesus Montero or Hector Noesi are dominating the league, so there is still time.

7244120096_f9a21a788b.jpg

2011 Topps Chrome Orange Refractors Michael Pineda RC

7412380774_8a72362f19.jpg

2012 Bowman Chrome Prospects Blue Refractors Jose Campos #ed 096/250

Mike

TP9 | VC15
91 (100%)
Some great looking cards here so far. I also like the fact that you give a bit of commentary with each card. Sweet stuff! Thanks for sharing.

YankeeCollector

Prospect
4 (100%)
Thanks.

Dude, that's a pretty sweet card! That auto is sick, especially if he's signing in English now. Definitely a keeper.

Thanks. I encourage comments and discussion from other collectors, which is my reasoning for the little notes after each card. Hopefully it works.

Some great looking cards here so far. I also like the fact that you give a bit of commentary with each card. Sweet stuff! Thanks for sharing.

Cool_Hand_Flash

I might be crazy.. Proof: I'm the co-owner.
7 (100%)
Real nice stuff so far, and you're right, it's amazing how carefully young players sign before they go pro and have to sign 1500 stickers in a day :LOL: