Fun and Funniest Cards of All Time!

Gotta bump this thread back up with some laughs about some lazy autograph signers!

This article reminds me of when I was chasing a Greg Maddux autograph for my best friend, and when I finally got an IP card, thought that my then-2 year old daughter could have written better!

518.jpg

So I found a funny article of 50 of the most rushed autograph cards of all time, heres the article:

And here are a few highlights!

Verand-Morrency-Autograph-214x300.jpgLarry-Sanders-Autograph-220x300.jpgMaruice-Ager-Autograph-300x214.jpgChristine-Michael-Autograph-300x216.jpgAvery-Bradley-Autograph-215x300.jpgBrandon-Harris-Signature-300x212.jpg

From my work with Tanner Houck's family assisting them manage his fanmail and autograph policies, I know that Topps will send a suitcase full of cards with instructions, i.e. sign 50 in green, 20 in silver, etc. They also send about 5 brand new pens of each color sharpie. I dont think any of the above players even finished ONE Sharpie by signing so little of their names!!

s-l500.jpg

Tanner's mom is a teacher, my friend and co-worker and always bothers him about his autograph, how he doesnt sign so anyone can read his name!!

updating with some more cards Ive acquired since my last few posts. an awesome nut strike, the original bat knob message, Superman flying low, Topps sticker guy making perfect use of Jeferson's auto, pink eye in the making, and Sean's perfect auto placement

Attachments

• AwesomeStrikes.jpg
    AwesomeStrikes.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 8
  • BoogPowell.jpg
    BoogPowell.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 8
  • ClaudeRaymond.jpg
    ClaudeRaymond.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 10
  • JefersonQuero.jpg
    JefersonQuero.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 9
  • KellyHrudey.jpg
    KellyHrudey.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 9
  • SeanManaea.jpg
    SeanManaea.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 8
Gotta bump this thread back up with some laughs about some lazy autograph signers!

This article reminds me of when I was chasing a Greg Maddux autograph for my best friend, and when I finally got an IP card, thought that my then-2 year old daughter could have written better!

View attachment 10130

So I found a funny article of 50 of the most rushed autograph cards of all time, heres the article:

And here are a few highlights!

View attachment 10131View attachment 10132View attachment 10133View attachment 10134View attachment 10135View attachment 10136
It's funny how many of the players with such crappy signatures were washouts in their careers as pro athletes. Maybe it shows that they also cut corners in their athletic endeavors.

It's funny how many of the players with such crappy signatures were washouts in their careers as pro athletes. Maybe it shows that they also cut corners in their athletic endeavors.
@bfd13

Dave, that is a great observation, I wonder if that is the case?? It is a definite correlation, that is for sure!!

updating with some more cards Ive acquired since my last few posts. an awesome nut strike, the original bat knob message, Superman flying low, Topps sticker guy making perfect use of Jeferson's auto, pink eye in the making, and Sean's perfect auto placement
@FunnyAthleteNames

AWESOME stuff! Those players had to be messing around with the autograph placements, don't you think??

Love to wonder wtf were the card companies thinking!!?? Those were the best photos they could find??

Thanks for sharing, cheers!

Kevin

@FunnyAthleteNames

AWESOME stuff! Those players had to be messing around with the autograph placements, don't you think??

Love to wonder wtf were the card companies thinking!!?? Those were the best photos they could find??

Thanks for sharing, cheers!

Kevin
Sean Manaea understood the assignment for sure... The Topps sticker guy is the real american hero though. He saw Jeferson's signature and did his best with many of the stickers to center the placement. I call mine the blue balls variation

Sean Manaea understood the assignment for sure... The Topps sticker guy is the real american hero though. He saw Jeferson's signature and did his best with many of the stickers to center the placement. I call mine the blue balls variation
HILARIOUS!!

Not a card per se, but thought this was a funny article, reminds me that number of championships is not always a predictor of how great a player is.....if you go straight on number of Championships won, then Kurt Rambis (4) is a better player than Jerry West (1)!

Of course, Jerry went to the Finals 9 times, don't forget!

I saw this card on another site....the 70s were a wild time!! Joe's top head hair migrated to his sideburns and goatee!!

itemimage.jpg

Back