My Custom Sports Card Creations

OK, here are a few more. I am numbering these cards as I conceive them...but I'm posting them in numerical order. So, here is #9-11. I've had 10 and 11 done for a while (13 is also done)...but #9 and 12 have slowed me down. I just finished #9 today. For a rather simple (and frankly ugly) design...1980 Topps proved quite challenging.

#9 1980 Topps Joe Montana
y0saSmJ.jpg

#10 1962 Topps Rodney Peete - Designed at the Request of Randy
HcfxkRb.jpg

#11 1984 Topps USFL Greg Landry
KEUJlHO.jpg

As an interesting side note. Greg Landry's final "real" card is in the 1984 Topps USFL set...but he appears with the Arizona Wranglers. Landry played for the Blitz in 1983 and the Wranglers in 1984. He never had a Blitz card. So, I created a Blitz card for him.

I will post more as I create them.

Richie.. how do you find the time? Heck it would take me a week just to crop a picture to the correct size for the card...

Richie.. how do you find the time? Heck it would take me a week just to crop a picture to the correct size for the card...
So...do you know when you go to the doctor and they keep you waiting in the room for a ridiculously long time and you wonder where the heck they are. Well, now you know. Seriously though, I work on them between patients and I have gotten pretty quick at it.

Obviously, I did the Peete a week ago or so and frankly it was a pretty easy design and didn't take long. I did the Landry quite a while back as part of an 8 card Chicago Blitz set I gave to a former player which I haven't posted. I just changed the number on the back of that card so it fit into this "random" series (and so there is a spot for it in my random book). I might use others from that set down the road. The Montana took me some time though.

Like I said, card #13 is done but #12 isn't. Once 12 is done I will post both. A little teaser though...both are totally new designs. I'll tell you this...#13 is based on 1966 Philadelphia football and you might be surprised who the subject is.

I have a custom 1989 UD Sean Casey and "Eddie Harris" from the movie Major League.

OK. Here are my most recent creations. The subject of first one should come as no shock to anyone being that I am a huge Oregon fan. I did this card in the style of 1989 Topps because it is one of my all-time favorite sets. As a kid, my brother and I probably opened a couple cases of that set so it has a strong tie to my childhood.

#12 1989 Topps Marcus Mariota
6UuOqcg.jpg

The subject of this next card might come as a shock to some of you because I am such a huge Oregon fan. However, as a native of the state of Oregon I do closely follow and "hope for the best" for the "other" Oregon program. Jonathan Smith was the Beavers QB when I was in high school. He was a walk on that became the starter and took a terrible program to a BCS bowl. He is currently the OC of the University of Washington football team. This card is designed in the style of 1966 Philadelphia. I took some artistic liberties with the back but it has the "feel" of the original.

#13 1966 Philadelphia Jonathan Smith
h3nDcHT.jpg

OK, here is another one. Just finished this one today. This is a totally new design and based on 1968 Topps football.

#14 1968 Topps Danny O'Neil
jzGiBbD.jpg

OK, here's the next one. This guy played a little before my time and he's one of my favorite players to watch in old game films. It baffles me that he isn't in the Hall of Fame.

This is another example of a player where Topps didn't make a final card for. He played through 1986 but his last Topps issue was 1985 (which reflects his career from 71-84). I decided to make a 1987 Topps card for him which would reflect his entire career.

#15 1987 Topps Ken Anderson
eZ0VLzA.jpg

Back