Football Mike's Bi-Monthly Football Group Break - Feb/March '14

Mike

TP9 | VC15
Transactions
5.00 star(s)
Mike's Bi-Monthly Football Group Break - Feb/March '14

So this month we're dropping the "official" bit. I'm not sure why, but it just seemed too "official". :LOL: Anyways, here we are back for another month of breakage. Hopefully this month will be a little better than last month. Even though we did hit the Barry Sanders auto, I thought it could have been a little better overall. I'm not complaining, though! We've definitely had worse months! Now, on to the show!

Price: $50/team
Payment Due: March 16
Break Method: Live@Breakers, Video@YouTube

Break Schedule

This schedule will vary from month to month, and is not set in stone for any month.

March 9 - All unconfirmed teams are available at the discounted rate ($20/team) at noon.
March 16 - All teams are final and payments are due. Boxes are ordered, and we're (im)patiently awaiting their arrival.

Box Selection

2013 Topps Triple Threads (4 hits)
2013 Panini Absolute (4 hits)
2012 Topps Valor (4 hits)
2012 Panini Crown Royale(4 hits)
2011 Panini Gold Standard (5 hits)
2011 Panini Absolute (4 hits)

Card Distribution

Cards will be distributed by one of the following methods, in this order:

1) Team printed (text or logo) on the card.
2) Team pictured on the uniform.
3) Team the player currently plays for.
4) Team the player played for longest.

Multi-team cards will go to the member who has the most owned teams (non-discount teams) on the card. If that doesn't decide it, it goes to the member with the most total teams featured on the card. If that can't determine it, it will be decided using our Random List Generator (between teams on the card only), unless the ones involved in the random come up with something different.

Cards from old teams that simply moved to a new town will be given to the owner of the team that they moved to (ie. Houston Oilers = Tennesee Titans).

Cards from unselected teams will be randomly drawn between all members. Having multiple full spots does give you extra random entries, but discounted team spots will not count.

Shipping

All "hits" will be placed in toploaders, magnetics, or screwdowns. All low numbered (/99 or less) inserts will also be placed in a toploader. Everything else goes in a team bag, wrapped in a single layer of bubble wrap. All of that is sent in a bubble mailer, with delivery confirmation (where available).

Members

1. Mike - Cowboys
2. Cool_Hand_Flash - Colts
3. bajmurray - Patriots
4. pwolantern - Giants
5. Batman1641 - Packers
6. franklinguy52 - Seahawks
7. MWS - Broncos
8. PAVI39 - Jets
9. Amandashubby2010 - Panthers
10. rigo tovar - Texans
11. Indiana Jones - Bengals
12. Crpalmi - Browns
13. 5toosweet - Lions
14. WestCoastSkinsFan - Redskins

Bold means confirmed.
Green means payed.

Discounted Teams ($20 each)

Buffalo Bills - Crpalmi (PD)
Miami Dolphins - Amandashubby2010 (PD)
Minnesota Vikings - Crpalmi (PD)
San Diego Chargers - Crpalmi (PD)
St. Louis Rams - Amandashubby2010 (PD)
San Francisco 49ers - WestCoastSkinsFan (PD)
Pittsburgh Steelers - PAVI39 (PD)
Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Indiana Jones (PD)

Free Team Giveaway

TBD

Available Teams

Arizona Cardinals
Atlanta Falcons
Baltimore Ravens
Chicago Bears
Jacksonville Jaguars
Kansas City Chiefs
New Orleans Saints
Oakland Raiders
Philadelphia Eagles
Tennessee Titans

Waiting List

SchickFaced - Packers
rigo tovar - Cowboys
PAVI39 - Packers

Please keep in mind that the nature of group breaks is that it is quite possible that all members involved may not get any "hits", or any cards at all. What you are purchasing, by entering the group break, is the opportunity to participate in the group and any cards that come with that opportunity.

Last edited:
ACK! The price went up. Sorry guys it has gotten too high for me (last month was a bit of a struggle). Sorry to disappoint and cause a major shift in the lineup but I gotta drop out. Plus recent major car repairs has made my financial black hole much bigger than it was. :(
:sorry:
Good luck guys.

No problem, Kirk. Thanks for being with us for so long. You've definitely got some good hits to show for it (RG3, Barry).

@Cool_Hand_Flash, you keeping the Colts and the Skins still or should I hit up the waiting list on the Skins now? Let me know.

Got you down, @5toosweet. Thanks!

How do you all feel about breaking a box of 2010 Five Star along with some cheaper stuff from 2012 and 2013? Here's a base lineup I'm thinking about, although I'm thinking we'll be able to "upgrade" the Absolute to the Museum. This break would give a higher chance of being shut out, but it also gives a better chance at hitting something awesome. I much prefer that then the types of breaks where everyone gets a $5 hit back. That's just my thoughts, though. Let me know what you guys all think.

2013 Panini Absolute (2 autos, 2 relics)
2012 Panini Limited (1 auto, 2 hits)
2010 Topps Five Star (4 autos, 1 relic)

Even with these 3 we're still under budget by a little bit, so we'll be able to add another pack/box that guarantees us at least 1 other hit.

Back