Mike Vick

I will not be talked down to anymore by you. Therefore I am done with this thread since you have shown your overall lack of maturity and willingness to listen to other peoples views. I am sorry you disagree with myself and several other people in this thread but it does not give you the right to make personal attacks at myself. You are only trying to belittle me to make yourself feel better and I will no longer have any part of it.

:lollol:

So you cant come up with any argument for my post? If this was a debate, would I have won? Also, I enjoy the same personal attacks against me, but I still have legitimate arguments with them. You just bypass them and focus on the "attacks."

Also, Vick is a shithead, but who are we to judge. It's not an award that is given by votes from the media or any of us. It's by the Eagles. Maybe he's doing something we do not know. Could be giving them man favors, who knows. Point being, he got it for a reason.

thanks chicagobears34. he probably did get it for a reason.

this guy went from a multi-millionaire to nothing and having to file bankruptcy. how do you hurt a guy making millions? make him broke and it makes him look at his life a little closer.

regardless of whether his charity is court ordered or not, the SPCA has welcomed him and know he deserves a second chance to right his wrongs.

everyone here has made mistakes, some greater than others. does this mean you should be spit on and called a moron everyday for the rest of your life? no, you are given a second chance.

I don't know whether I can say it is unfortunate he will never live down the moniker of being deemed a dog killer. Regardless of his jail time punishment this is an extra consequence that he will be forced to live with as long as he remains in the media spotlight.

I am not concerned at all over his involvement in this award. If it is deserved due to his actions then so be it. Personally I do not think Vick should have been given a second chance at earning millions on behalf of the NFL. Yes he should have a second chance in life but the priviledge of playing in the NFL should be taken from any player who is convicted of a felony. That's just my opinion.

Given that Vick is back hopefully he makes the best of this second chance in the league and doesn't make everyone out to be fools a second time.

I don't know whether I can say it is unfortunate he will never live down the moniker of being deemed a dog killer. Regardless of his jail time punishment this is an extra consequence that he will be forced to live with as long as he remains in the media spotlight.

I am not concerned at all over his involvement in this award. If it is deserved due to his actions then so be it. Personally I do not think Vick should have been given a second chance at earning millions on behalf of the NFL. Yes he should have a second chance in life but the priviledge of playing in the NFL should be taken from any player who is convicted of a felony. That's just my opinion.

Given that Vick is back hopefully he makes the best of this second chance in the league and doesn't make everyone out to be fools a second time.

Well said on all accounts. Not a one of us knows jack about the day to day Michael Vick. All we know is the media's rendition. I for one hope he genuinely has righted himself and will be the role model he should have been from the beginning.

Congratulations Michael Vick for winning the award. :salut: :clap:

I still don't think that Mike Vick has done enough to right the wrongs that he did, but I don't care that he got this award. He was probably inspirational to his teammates for even suiting up and getting harassed by haters on game day.

Yep you guys were right he sure is a stand up guy:

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2010/0106101vick1.html

I saw this and thought it was interesting.

Test him, get a positive result, then I'll comment on drug use.

A federal prosecutor asked Vick about a December 2006 Atlanta Falcons team party during which the alleged conversation about steroids occurred. "Vick was reportedly overheard telling" the dealer (whose name was redacted from the memo) that he "liked his product,"

So let me get this right, in 2006 there was an ALLEDGED conversation that was OVERHEARD where Vick said "liked his product." For all the noseybody knew, they could have been talking about anything. Last I checked, even drug dealers talk about stuff not related to drugs sometimes.

Come on Josh...

Test him, get a positive result, then I'll comment on drug use.

A federal prosecutor asked Vick about a December 2006 Atlanta Falcons team party during which the alleged conversation about steroids occurred. "Vick was reportedly overheard telling" the dealer (whose name was redacted from the memo) that he "liked his product,"

So let me get this right, in 2006 there was an ALLEDGED conversation that was OVERHEARD where Vick said "liked his product." For all the noseybody knew, they could have been talking about anything. Last I checked, even drug dealers talk about stuff not related to drugs sometimes.

Come on Josh...

Not the steroids part man, read the investigation report where it talks about the treatment of the dogs and that he bought drugs. The steroid stuff might be true but if he was doing HGH it would not show up in a test anyways.

Not the steroids part man, read the investigation report where it talks about the treatment of the dogs and that he bought drugs. The steroid stuff might be true but if he was doing HGH it would not show up in a test anyways.

the treatment of dogs...isn't that part of the reason he went to jail? It seems like your bringing up the exact thing he paid his pennance for again. On the drugs, so what? I would guess 70-80% of Americans have bought drugs illegally. I know I did and I definately know Kenny does :lollol:

Put anyones life under a microscope bro and you will find secrets, half-truths and whole lies. I for one am not going to slander a guy any furthur for buying some damn drugs.

Vick's dog fighting is in the past, and we have moved on from that. The only new information you brought to the table is the possible drug use, which doesnt reflect on his demeanor at all. I know plenty of genuinely nice people who use drugs. So the link is pointless, and there is nothing new to report on the Vick front.

Vick's dog fighting is in the past, and we have moved on from that. The only new information you brought to the table is the possible drug use, which doesnt reflect on his demeanor at all. I know plenty of genuinely nice people who use drugs. So the link is pointless, and there is nothing new to report on the Vick front.

I did not say it was new. I simply thought the report was interesting to read and instad of making a new thread about it I just piggy backed on this one. Sorry if I came across the wrong way :salut:

He was also previously linked with drugs in the hidden chamber water bottle airport issue. Not surprising and also a thing of the past prior to his jail time.

He was also previously linked with drugs in the hidden chamber water bottle airport issue. Not surprising and also a thing of the past prior to his jail time.

Ya I remember that in the airport. This was the first time I had seen an investigation report and just thought I would share it here. Also it has been kinda dead around here so I was hoping it would strike up some conversation :)

Back