Mike Vick

The criterion is ambassador of courage for victims of abuse, violence and neglect. Unless he's an ambassador of courage for abused dogs, your correlation still holds no water.

Oh, and how is someone who came back from injury an ambassador of courage for victims of abuse, violence, and neglect? Whats the argument there? That it shows kids you can overcome things? Exactly what Vick is doing right now? Overcoming things. Its such a broad award that players arent going to fall into every criteria. I dont see where your argument holds water.

Did it ever cross you mind that he :
1. donated this money because he was court ordered to and because he had to do something for the NFL to let him back into the league. Basically he spent money to make money
2. As for being a Christian the Bible says if you ask for forgiveness with a pure heart your sins will be forgiven. It is my personal opinion that he has not asked for forgiveness with a pure heart and he is only sorry he was caught not for the pain and suffering he caused hundreds of other living beings that he slaughtered for his own amusement.

3 my time limit you seem to have an issue with. I am not going to believe a person just because he says he is sorry and was nice for a couple months. He needs walk the walk not just talk the talk and it takes time for it to be anything more then words. I have a hard time believing that someone can do stuff as horrible as him and then wake up one day and be a completely different person. Also by your example of forgiveness you might as well let every murder, rapest, and child molester in jail lose then because all of them say they are "sorry" or have "found God and changed".

In short your logic is flawed and at the very least naive. You say we should not base a decision of what the media says but all the information you are using is ether made up to support your argument or you gathered it from a media source therefore if we can not believe what the media tells us then your information is just as biased as ours and should be thrown out as a form of propaganda or hear say.

Did it ever cross you mind that he :
1. donated this money because he was court ordered to and because he had to do something for the NFL to let him back into the league. Basically he spent money to make money
2. As for being a Christian the Bible says if you ask for forgiveness with a pure heart your sins will be forgiven. It is my personal opinion that he has not asked for forgiveness with a pure heart and he is only sorry he was caught not for the pain and suffering he caused hundreds of other living beings that he slaughtered for his own amusement.

3 my time limit you seem to have an issue with. I am not going to believe a person just because he says he is sorry and was nice for a couple months. He needs walk the walk not just talk the talk and it takes time for it to be anything more then words. I have a hard time believing that someone can do stuff as horrible as him and then wake up one day and be a completely different person. Also by your example of forgiveness you might as well let every murder, rapest, and child molester in jail lose then because all of them say they are "sorry" or have "found God and changed".

In short your logic is flawed and at the very least naive. You say we should not base a decision of what the media says but all the information you are using is ether made up to support your argument or you gathered it from a media source therefore if we can not believe what the media tells us then your information is just as biased as ours and should be thrown out as a form of propaganda or hear say.

1. How do you know these were his intentions? So there is no way he is remorseful for what he did, but only that he got caught? I think that is pretty naive. Could it possibly be that getting caught gave him a reality check and he was actually remorseful? I guarantee he felt guilty when he realized how many people were upset about what he did. We dont know what is going through his head, so again, you are jumping to conclusions.

2. Have they served their time? If yes, then ok. Vick served his time, he is working towards a brighter future, what more do you ask? That he suck off every pit bull owner to prove he is sorry?

3. My information came from a) the ed block website and b) the humane society website. While they are a form of media, they are much, much different in comparison to the news you watch everyday. If you fail to see how, then you are as stupid as you come off to be at times.

1. How do you know these were his intentions? So there is no way he is remorseful for what he did, but only that he got caught? I think that is pretty naive. Could it possibly be that getting caught gave him a reality check and he was actually remorseful? I guarantee he felt guilty when he realized how many people were upset about what he did. We dont know what is going through his head, so again, you are jumping to conclusions.

2. Have they served their time? If yes, then ok. Vick served his time, he is working towards a brighter future, what more do you ask? That he suck off every pit bull owner to prove he is sorry?

3. My information came from a) the ed block website and b) the humane society website. While they are a form of media, they are much, much different in comparison to the news you watch everyday. If you fail to see how, then you are as stupid as you come off to be at times.

My entire point is it is just a likely that your giving him to much credit as it is likely that we are not giving him enough. He has not even been out of prison for a full year yet and these jerk wads are basically throwing him a parade. Also another point on the money to me he has not done enough until he has done an equal amount of good for the amount of pain and suffering he has caused. So what if he donated a mil (under court order and to help him get back into the NFL) he spent way more then a million on bets, rape tables, and fighting rings for his black market illegal activity that would of landed any of us in prison for alot longer then him.

Oh, and how is someone who came back from injury an ambassador of courage for victims of abuse, violence, and neglect? Whats the argument there? That it shows kids you can overcome things? Exactly what Vick is doing right now? Overcoming things. Its such a broad award that players arent going to fall into every criteria. I dont see where your argument holds water.

I never made any argument to that effect. Fact of the matter is, as you said, his teammates voted him in for their own reasons. The only argument I made is that Vick's being voted in should be an embarrassment to the Foundation based on what the award is supposed to exemplify.

And I still fail to see the connection between Vick and a recovered drug addict who goes into a classroom and teaches kids to stay off drugs. I'm sorry I'm not smarter than you had hoped, but I'm smart enough to recognize a huge reach in logic just for the sake of making an argument when I see one. Perhaps your mind is far too advanced for a simpleton such as myself to comprehend your complex thought processes.

My entire point is it is just a likely that your giving him to much credit as it is likely that we are not giving him enough. He has not even been out of prison for a full year yet and these jerk wads are basically throwing him a parade. Also another point on the money to me he has not done enough until he has done an equal amount of good for the amount of pain and suffering he has caused. So what if he donated a mil (under court order and to help him get back into the NFL) he spent way more then a million on bets, rape tables, and fighting rings for his black market illegal activity that would of landed any of us in prison for alot longer then him.

And who is making this into a parade? The media? I know I have never heard of the award until this year, and Im a pretty avid football fan. Hell, even the Madden awards a few years ago were more publicized than the ed block award. They had a tv awards show on fox and everything. The only reason this is a big deal is because the media is blowing it out of proportion. The Eagles team voted for him, and they see him at least 5 days out of the week. I would think they know him better than the media who sees him maybe an hour a week. When you see someone almost everyday who is working towards the better, you see those changes. Even the little ones. So they must have seen enough to vote for him. He must have done enough for them to vote for him.

YES he should have to do this....

I never made any argument to that effect. Fact of the matter is, as you said, his teammates voted him in for their own reasons. The only argument I made is that Vick's being voted in should be an embarrassment to the Foundation based on what the award is supposed to exemplify.

And I still fail to see the connection between Vick and a recovered drug addict who goes into a classroom and teaches kids to stay off drugs. I'm sorry I'm not smarter than you had hoped, but I'm smart enough to recognize a huge reach in logic just for the sake of making an argument when I see one. Perhaps your mind is far too advanced for a simpleton such as myself to comprehend your complex thought processes.

Then what was the point of asking whether or not Vick was an ambassador of courage for abused dogs then to merely prove that my argument doesnt go along the lines of the Ed Block criteria. So I pointed out that players have won the award for coming back from injury, which goes along what lines of what criteria? Back to my original comment. That they are able to overcome things? Exactly what Vick is doing.

And how is this a large reach in logic?

Drug addict gets busted and goes to prison. He comes clean and spreads the word of precaution. "This is what happened to me, dont follow in my footsteps."

Dog abuser gets busted and goes to prison. He comes clean and spreads the word of precaution. "This is what happened to me, dont follow in my footsteps."

It can go for anything. They are both examples of what could happen if you do these things. Overall, they are stories of experience to show that for every action, there is a reaction, and not to do a negative action because there will always be a negative reaction of sorts. Isnt that the reason these people are brought into speak anywhere?

why does everything that has anything to do with Vick have to turn into a "biggest dong" contest.

geesh, everyones views of what's right and wrong are different but for some reason no one can come close to agreeing when it comes to him.

i don't condone what he did but like jameson said we aren't there and we only know what the media puts out there. people do deserve a second chance in life regardless of what they did.

why does everything that has anything to do with Vick have to turn into a "biggest dong" contest.

geesh, everyones views of what's right and wrong are different but for some reason no one can come close to agreeing when it comes to him.

i don't condone what he did but like jameson said we aren't there and we only know what the media puts out there. people do deserve a second chance in life regardless of what they did.

No one has said he does not deserve a second chance, I just think the Eagles are a bunch of freaking morons for treating him like he is some big inspiration when in reality he has not even been out of jail for a full year. It takes time to see if a man is truly changed and there has not been enough time to judge one way or another yet.

Ten dollars says my dong's bigger than your's

Since we are talking about Dongs remember when Vick was getting sued because he had unprotected sex with that girl and she said he gave her herpes? Man Vick is classy. Or should be call him Ron Mexico?

Also again about the"second chance"

Here is acrticle which goes over just a few of the things he did before the dog fighting
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19834805/
*quote from article*
Even before the animal cruelty case surfaced, Vick’s corporate status had been chomped to the bone by months of bad press. His obscene gesture to Atlanta Falcons’ fans last November drew a $10,000 fine. His water bottle with the hidden compartment (containing a “dark particulate”) was confiscated in January by airport security in Miami. Even his love life lagged when Vick settled a lawsuit with a woman who claimed he infected her with herpes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Since we are talking about Dongs remember when Vick was getting sued because he had unprotected sex with that girl and she said he gave her herpes? Man Vick is classy. Or should be call him Ron Mexico?

Also again about the"second chance"

Here is acrticle which goes over just a few of the things he did before the dog fighting
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19834805/
*quote from article*
Even before the animal cruelty case surfaced, Vick’s corporate status had been chomped to the bone by months of bad press. His obscene gesture to Atlanta Falcons’ fans last November drew a $10,000 fine. His water bottle with the hidden compartment (containing a “dark particulate”) was confiscated in January by airport security in Miami. Even his love life lagged when Vick settled a lawsuit with a woman who claimed he infected her with herpes.

I was done with this thread, but I just wanted to note that you seem quick to judge. However, when we publicly made fun of you, you ran to the mods crying and left the site. I wonder how Vick feels.

Back