Mangini fired

That would be like Joe Gibbs going to coach the Cowpokes. It'll NEVER happen. ;)

He's been there once and if what I've heard they are offering him is true (ridiculous salary + part ownership of the team + other stuff I've long forgotten) he'd be crazy not to.

And if he's a true Steeler's man, he'd take this chance to get every penny possible out of them while running the team into the ground ;)

He's been there once and if what I've heard they are offering him is true (ridiculous salary + part ownership of the team + other stuff I've long forgotten) he'd be crazy not to.

Wow, I had not heard that. Part ownership!?!? That is just crazy! If that is true, you are correct my friend, Cowher would be friggin daffy not to take that deal.

And if he's a true Steeler's man, he'd take this chance to get every penny possible out of them while running the team into the ground ;)

:insert evil muahahahahahaha laugh: with a flash of lightning & a clap of thunder ;)

Wow! He was a genius a year ago. Now they sign overrated, turnover-prone Favre, and he's a scapegoat. Lame move IYAM.

If he comes back I think Cowher will go to the team closest to his daughter who is in college at Princeton for the next two years.

Spags better not leave the Giants. I'm tired of these coordinators leaving the Giants and becoming solid head coaches elsewhere.

From the blog entry I posted in another thread on his meeting with the Browns owner:

"The Plain Dealer said the two met Saturday night and that Cowher told the owner he doesn't plan a return to coaching for the 2009 season, in part because he's happy with his lifestyle as a TV analyst and living in North Carolina."

Overrated? Really?

Really. Leads team to 5-way tie for 12th in league wins/losses (9-7). 21st in the league in QB rating. Dead last in interceptions (again). Next to last in INT %. 22nd in YPA. These are the stats that really matter.

To his credit, he finished 5th in completion %, 9th in TD passes, and 11th in yards passing

Collectively, however, those are average to below average QB stats.

Favre is overrated at this point in his career but he is an elite QB for his whole career.

Mangini chould have never been fired, he got more out of that team then the talent it had this year.

Favre is overrated at this point in his career but he is an elite QB for his whole career.

Mangini chould have never been fired, he got more out of that team then the talent it had this year.

QFT

Glad the quick trigger finger is finding it's way from the NBA coaching ranks to the NFL coaching ranks. :ban:

Back