less than 50 days away

Brad

Bench Warmer
To kickoff of the Clemson vs. Alabama game. I think I am going since I can get a ticket for $25. Anyone else going? Who else is excited for colelge football to be back?

To kickoff of the Clemson vs. Alabama game. I think I am going since I can get a ticket for $25. Anyone else going? Who else is excited for colelge football to be back?

So you think you might go because you can get a ticket for 1/5th the current going rate? Get your priorities straight, boy:lollol:

Me and my dad are seriously considering making the trip, should make for a pretty awesome atmosphere and a good game as well.

So you think you might go because you can get a ticket for 1/5th the current going rate? Get your priorities straight, boy:lollol:

Me and my dad are seriously considering making the trip, should make for a pretty awesome atmosphere and a good game as well.

I hav eno clue what the price for others are. I supposedly have one lined up through Clemson's student distribution at $25. I just need to start talking to people I know and figure out who else is going. I just don't want to deal with driving to and from Atlanta.

So far, I am fairly sure I am going to the Bama game. Then, I know I will go to UVA and/or FSU in November since the club I am can get 2 nights at hotel, tickets, and bus around $50 per person since they cover most of the costs. Plus, since the Wake game is Thursday night, I may try to go if other people I know are going. I only have one class on Friday and it is at 1:30 so I doubt I would miss it.

Can't wait for the season to start. Looking to go down to Tucson in late October for the Arizona-USC game. Hopefully I can iron out those details soon.

Also might try to catch this year's Oklahoma-UT game here locally in Dallas.

So far, I am fairly sure I am going to the Bama game. Then, I know I will go to UVA and/or FSU in November since the club I am can get 2 nights at hotel, tickets, and bus around $50 per person since they cover most of the costs. Plus, since the Wake game is Thursday night, I may try to go if other people I know are going. I only have one class on Friday and it is at 1:30 so I doubt I would miss it.
I would miss class if I had to. I can't wait for the football season.:dance:

Yes, but outside a couple of lower-tier teams, the SEC is above playing on Thursday night...nothing you would have to worry about at UGA :shifty:

:see:

Didn't LSU open up on a Thursday last year?

I know we had the one and only game that Labor Day Monday though.

I really do not like the idea of this Wake game on Thursday for the following reasons:
1. Clemson has a history of not showing up on Thursdays
2. We never play to well at Wake
3. The home team wins nearly 90% of the games on Thursday

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, but outside a couple of lower-tier teams, the SEC is above playing on Thursday night...nothing you would have to worry about at UGA :shifty:
UGA is playing Florida on a Saturday and I am considering leaving Wednesday night. :dance: We used to have Thursday and Friday off before the game, but not they just give us Friday off. I'm sure nobody will be in class on Thursday still. :D

:see:

Didn't LSU open up on a Thursday last year?

I know we had the one and only game that Labor Day Monday though.

I really do not like the idea of this Wake game on Thursday for the following reasons:
1. Clemson has a history of not showing up on Thursdays
2. We never play to well at Wake
3. The home team wins nearly 90% of the games on Thursday

Yeah, I think so. In fact, the only teams in the SEC that I can't recall playing a Thursday night game in recent years are us, UGA, UF, and UT. Most of the 'Bama fans I know would nearly have their heads explode if we played a Thursday night game:lollol:

Come to think of it, we played Southern Miss on a weeknight in 2001 because that game got postponed due to 9-11.

One thing that may hurt going to the Wake game is that Winston-Salem is like 5 hours from Clemson. But, I do like night games. Hopefully I can go, but that is a ling ways away

Clemson canceled class on Labor Day because of the game. They said because of Labor Day and not the game, but that was the first time there was no class on Labor Day in a long time. Logistically it would be too hard to hold class with nearly 90,000 coming in to town for a game. They ended up making Fall Break 3 days instead of 4.

Clemson canceled class on Labor Day because of the game. They said because of Labor Day and not the game, but that was the first time there was no class on Labor Day in a long time. Logistically it would be too hard to hold class with nearly 90,000 coming in to town for a game. They ended up making Fall Break 3 days instead of 4.
Our Fall Break used to be (up to last year) 2 days before the FL/UGA game. Now it is just the Friday before. They only way students would let them do that is if they gave us a full week at Thanksgiving instead of 3 days.

Back