Basketball LeBron Files Paperwork To Change Number From 23 to 6;Says It’s In Deference To Jordan

208963 said:
Didnt know you were a knicks fan as well!!

i would actually prefer to see bosh and wade in ny over lebron.

Yep,spent many a night in the 200's section at MSG. Saw alot of great things and alot of reeeeeally bad things.

I don't think Wade is leaving,I'd love him wearing #3 on orange & blue though

My bank account would dwindle rapidly if that were to happen

favorite team + top 2 favorite player = no money

lol

NattyBoo said:
8 sideways is INFINITE- the gap between Kobe and Jordan! THE LEGITIMATE G.O.A.T.

a hater troll!!

By the way the infinite sign is not the number 8 sideways. Infact any number put sideways is no longer resembles a number. Its like saying Live spelled backwards spells evil but does evil pertain to the word live if ever written? No!!

Btw, Jordan is the best at one thing for sure!! Losing to a Duke player Gerald Henderson every time at horse. Thats about it!!

ac-n-mike said:
winning at H.O.R.S.E. = Greatest NBA Player of all time ?

Pretty much!!

Its a shame thats how jordan fans think. Jordan was the best because he did this and that. Then you compare him out of his era to make it impossible to comare apples to apples. Its exactly how politicians work. Hide the truth and sell you on my agenda!! Simpletons cant pick up on it.

Reminds me of the MVP award in the NBA. The same people that vote for the MVP in the NBA are the same people that are paid by the companies that "DEPEND" on ad revenues. A writer or journalist cannot get paid unless someone read his articles. Those articles cant be published untill someone like Nike or Gatorade buys ads. Put down and never vote a Nike athelete and lets see how much they spend!! lol

The gerald henderson bit was sarcasm. But lets just say you have pick a GOAT, if you dont base it on horse, what other stat are you going to base it on? Most rings? Most points? Most MVPs? Most etcc?? Or are you going to base it on an opinion? Which means nothing to the next person who has an opinion as well? They are just like our behinds, we all have one!!

tndcollectables said:
lebron needs to learn nba history. if it wasnt for dr.j, the hawk, wilt, there would have never been a jordan

I agree with you!!

While I wont take anything away from Jordan being one of the best players to play the game, I think he has been attributed to more because the NBA needed someone to represent the NBA with Bird, Magic, Kareem and Dr J leaving basketball.

Same way Lebron has become the chosen one to lead the NBA for the next decade. They market him, make him out to be this adonis of basketball just like they did with jordan. Sadly both player didnt need it.

tndcollectables said:
lebron needs to learn nba history. if it wasnt for dr.j, the hawk, wilt, there would have never been a jordan

LoL, Wilt done in 1973, The Hawk done in 1976, Erving retired in 1987, if these guys weren't around there would have been someone else perhaps the eagle, bill, and malone........There were plenty of players to step into the light.........Just like if there was no Lebron, there would be King Kobe, King Wade, King "Whoever" it doesn't matter........there will always be someone.

Its not LeBron's job to pay homage to NBA predecessor's that influenced the game prior to his birth. If it is, you need to make that list a whole lot longer.......The kid was born in 1984 give him a break.

What LeBron needs to do is to run, pass, shoot & dunk when the NBA says play ball. Keep the ratings up, ticket & jersey sales going, and keep the cash rolling in to the NBA.

Prosper said:
LoL, Wilt done in 1973, The Hawk done in 1976, Erving retired in 1987, if these guys weren't around there would have been someone else perhaps the eagle, bill, and malone........There were plenty of players to step into the light.........Just like if there was no Lebron, there would be King Kobe, King Wade, King "Whoever" it doesn't matter........there will always be someone.

Its not LeBron's job to pay homage to NBA predecessor's that influenced the game prior to his birth. If it is, you need to make that list a whole lot longer.......The kid was born in 1984 give him a break.

What LeBron needs to do is to run, pass, shoot & dunk when the NBA says play ball. Keep the ratings up, ticket & jersey sales going, and keep the cash rolling in to the NBA.

Exactly. So to your point, why in the hell is Lebron making a big deal about reitring a past players jersey number then? Put all the lieing and the "I want attention" aside and you realize that he is changing his number because he doesnt like kobe in the #1 spot and his marketing team wants to make him dollars.

The sad story about wanting to pay tribute to MJ was and is still all a lie and a ploy for blind lemmings to give him sympathy and make him a more likable guy after his shunning of unsportsmanlike showing after losing to the Magic.

Back