Basketball LeBron Files Paperwork To Change Number From 23 to 6;Says It’s In Deference To Jordan

GotGibson? said:
No way in hell he is going to the Knicks.

Did you see the game last night?! They are HORRIBLE. LeBron knows how long it took to get the Cavs where they are and it would take just as long or longer for the Knicks to get there.

Not necessarily. Lebron,Lee and a healthy T-Mac is a solid foundation,especially in the east

HiEnd said:
Not necessarily. Lebron,Lee and a healthy T-Mac is a solid foundation,especially in the east

Factor in the possibility of Wade in that scenario and you might have something there :yowza:

GotGibson? said:
No way in hell he is going to the Knicks.

Did you see the game last night?! They are HORRIBLE. LeBron knows how long it took to get the Cavs where they are and it would take just as long or longer for the Knicks to get there.

They can sign two max contracts. So yeah, the Knicks are in heavily in the mix. Wade, Lebron, Lee? Tmac on a lesser contract too? All their money will be tied up in 4 people though. So we will see.

However, Lebron will make tons of more money in NYC then in Cleveland. The NBA will make TONS of more money if Lebron goes to NYC. Where do you think the NBA wants Lebron to go?

It's all about this stuff when it comes down to where Lebron goes.

Money_Stacks.jpg

If he wanted to stay in Cleveland, he would have resigned in the offseason to make it an nonissue during this postseason.

Here is who the Knicks have coming off of the books next year.

RESTRICTED
Sergio Rodriguez

UNRESTRICTED
Jonathan Bender
Brian Cardinal
Eddy Curry (P)
Chris Duhon
J.R. Giddens
Al Harrington
Eddie House
David Lee
Tracy McGrady
Cuttino Mobley

Say they bring in Lebron and Wade. They still have Wilson Chandler, Danilo Gallinari, and whoever else they sign from smaller contracts. You know the Antonio McDyess's of the world would go play there in a heart beat for the veteran minimum.

On top of that, if they both come, they probably would be able to choose the head coach of their choice.

Its going to be one crazy offseason.

No doubt in my mind that Lebron is bolting Cleveland.

In a dream world as a Knick fan, Lebron and another huge FA would rock,but as a realist,I'd settle for bringing back Lee and T-Mac(if healthy),and then go out and get one of the 2nd tier players,like a Joe Johnson,and most importantly they MUST bring in a point guard.

Passing on Brandon Jennings in the last draft is going to bite them in the ass for years to come

What most people don't realize is that a player only has to file these papers if he is going to be with this team next year. So this tells me LeBron is staying and I am tired of the media talking about LeBron leaving. He never once stated he was going to or even thinking about leaving. This is all TNT, ABC and ESPN

degibson84 said:
What most people don't realize is that a player only has to file these papers if he is going to be with this team next year. So this tells me LeBron is staying and I am tired of the media talking about LeBron leaving. He never once stated he was going to or even thinking about leaving. This is all TNT, ABC and ESPN

By filing he is not stating whether he is staying or going. He is simply filing for a new number. If he goes to another team, he doesnt need to file for a number. Its apart of the process. He is simply filing for a new number whether he goes to another team or stays.

His purpose is pretty much to get back to #1 on the sales list for jerseys. Nothing more. His marketing team is doing their job!! That is to make $$

orangejello727 said:
By filing he is not stating whether he is staying or going. He is simply filing for a new number. If he goes to another team, he doesnt need to file for a number. Its apart of the process. He is simply filing for a new number whether he goes to another team or stays.

His purpose is pretty much to get back to #1 on the sales list for jerseys. Nothing more. His marketing team is doing their job!! That is to make $$
but if he was to go to another team he simply would just ask for that number when he gets there. No need to file the paper work if he is leaving. He only has to file if he is going to be with the same team. I understand the jersey sales but that is beside the point of filing the paperwork by the deadline date.

HiEnd said:
In a dream world as a Knick fan, Lebron and another huge FA would rock,but as a realist,I'd settle for bringing back Lee and T-Mac(if healthy),and then go out and get one of the 2nd tier players,like a Joe Johnson,and most importantly they MUST bring in a point guard.

Passing on Brandon Jennings in the last draft is going to bite them in the ass for years to come

Didnt know you were a knicks fan as well!!

i would actually prefer to see bosh and wade in ny over lebron.

degibson84 said:
but if he was to go to another team he simply would just ask for that number when he gets there. No need to file the paper work if he is leaving. He only has to file if he is going to be with the same team. I understand the jersey sales but that is beside the point of filing the paperwork by the deadline date.

I understand that. He filed because its the process. Nothing more. Has Lebron officially signed a contract extention with the Cavs? Yes or no? Becuase honestly, till he does sign that contract, there is no such deal!!! Who cares if he stays or goes. Like I said, whether he stays or leaves, he is changing his jersey number, thats all this is about. Not about if he is leaving or not.

Back