Kobe Bryant officially wants out of LA

How many title games has Kobe even made without Shaq? Lebron is an all around player. He dished it out to a guy who was wide open at the end of the game rather than forcing a shot up the way Kobe would. No offense, but you have some serious west coast bias going on.

LOL, never would expect that out of Dustin.

:p

Toni Kukoc, Scottie Pippen, Bill Cartwright, John Paxson, Steve Kerr, Luc Longley, Dennis Rodman.....

Who REALLY cares Kobe or Shaq it's good riddance to them both imho.

Again what we have here is another case of the Michael Jordan disease. To much one player and no team. Name me a player from any of the Bull championships ?

I don't mean no one knows any players , i mean when you talk about the Bulls great years you only say one thing EVERYTIME MJ.

Now you talk about the old NBA and when you say the Lakers you say Magic/Silk/Kareem/Worthy ALL THE TIME. Celtics ? You say Bird/Mchale/Ainge. Pistons ? Isaiah/Lambeer/Dumars.

Take whatever you can get now while you can get something , you won't be selling any seats anyway when they are still losers or when he walks in 2009. And at least you'll get something.

Horace Grant.

Ron Harper, Jason Caffey, Brian Williams. I loved the Bulls back in the day!!!

About the bolded statements, actually when I think back to the Bulls' glory years, the names are automatically Jordan, Pippen, Rodman with Kerr right behind them.

If Jordan was alone on the team, he would not have won ish either. He would be in the playoffs every year, but nothing more.

I have to disagree guys on that one , no one ever says any of those guys in conversation. It's always MJ and the other guys are afterthoughts. But it's all good. :p

How many title games has Kobe even made without Shaq? Lebron is an all around player. He dished it out to a guy who was wide open at the end of the game rather than forcing a shot up the way Kobe would. No offense, but you have some serious west coast bias going on.
Read my response to Dan, who made a similar statement.

I really like LeBron James and I think he's going to be one of the greats to ever play this game. That being said, I wouldn't trade Kobe Bryant for him. I've watched Kobe for his entire career, seen him fail and succeed. He is the "clutchest" (new word?) player since Mr. Jordan. Kobe is the best at what he does. Not to mention Kobe plays lock-down defense, something James doesn't do.

LeBron is a fantastic player and I thought he made a great pass the other night, but to say Kobe wouldn't have done that is not entirely true. Sure, Kobe forces up some shots, but he consistently hits game-winning/tying shots, which is why he forces shots. A couple of times this past season he passed the ball to a teammate to tie the game.

Do I have West Coast bias? Sure. But who doesn't have bias when it comes to sports? And my opinion about Kobe vs. LeBron has little to do w/ West Coast bias.

Like I said, James is a great player (my favorite non-Laker/ex-Laker), but give me Kobe 10/10 times. Nothing against James -- Bryant is a better player, period.

How can you say that? That statement doesn't really have any basis...
Are you serious? I'm not talking about the 17/18-year-old Kobe air balling three pointers in Utah. I'm talking about the Kobe who took over in overtime in the finals @ Indiana after Shaq fouled out. Shaq was the best player in the league for the Lakers in their run, but without Kobe Bryant there to help him out, the Lakers would not have won a championship, let alone three.

Who else did the Lakers have? They had a bunch of great role players (Horry, Fox, Fisher, George), but no all-star players outside of Shaq and Kobe (until Malone/Payton came along... didn't win a ring that year... count Glen Rice for half a season, if you like).

LeBron may be a better distributor, but Kobe is a superior defense player. That definitely isn't up for debate.

Back