Two days after the show and this still makes me sick to my stomach...

ranbethscards

NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah!
Here are a few scenarios I saw play out at the Card Show this past weekend...these were all mistakes made by the same vendor whom I have known for 13 years.

- He purchased a box of 2014 Prizm at a Card Shop in Dearborn Michigan on Friday for $90. He called me Friday night and said he had opened the box and pulled a "nobody I ever heard of" autograph. Since he is disabled my wife and I always help him set his tables up. I pull out the "nobody" autograph... a 2014 Prizm Autograph of Johnny Manziel #06/10! I noticed the price tag of $35! I immediately took it off his table and did a fast scan of eBay. I told him at a minimum I would not let it go for less than $150, but asking $300-plus wasn't a bad idea. He had me put a price tag of $150 on it...and sold it for $80! Sorry... I tried to get him to let me take it home and put it on the 'bay for him, but he was happy with the $80.

- He purchased a box of 2015 Cup Chase from another vendor at the Card Show Saturday and pulled a Joey Logano "Coca Cola" Patch / Autograph Booklet #1/1. He traded it away for a box of 2013 Press Pass Legends, with five hits...and the best hit being a Ned Jarrett Autographed Press Plate... basically a $10-$15 card.

- He purchased five Jeff Gordon T-Shirts and a Brett Favre Vikings (#4) Jersey for $120. He sold them at $5 each.

I love the old guy as if he was a brother, but honestly... I just want to slap him up-side-the-head and ask him "what is wrong with you?"

'nuff said

Does he have any Henderson or Casey stuff for sale?

Sorry, that was rude, but it has been a while since I got a good deal on cards!

You can only do what you can do to help, buddy! Some people just don't want help, I've learned the hard way. You did the best you could by offering your assistance.

That Manziel card, why not buy it from him at $80 and sell it yourself on eBay? You could have even split the profit with him if you wanted. I do kind of get him being happy with selling it at $80 though, but I don't get the buying those shirts for $120 and selling them for $5, that seems like a big loss, how does he make money overall doing stuff like that?

I've done shows with Art for 13 years... and I can count on one hand... let me rephrase that... THREE fingers... how many Shows he has shown a profit.

If the wife and I make our table money back we are happy, but again, I can count on a few fingers how many times Art has broken even.

As far as the Manziel, I pleaded with him to let me have it to put on the 'bay. I've sold cards for him before and ask for nothing... but give him a printout to show him the fees involved (which he pays) and giving him the remainder of the money.

By-the-way... the guy that purchased the #06/10 Johnny Manzeil 2014 Prizm Autograph has it listed on eBay for $525.00

Sad, as he told Art that he had no idea what it was worth and wanted it for his PC. yeah, right...lol

By-the-way... the guy that purchased the #06/10 Johnny Manzeil 2014 Prizm Autograph has it listed on eBay for $525.00

Sad, as he told Art that he had no idea what it was worth and wanted it for his PC. yeah, right...lol
I can't imagine it will sell for that kind of money.

I hope the guy rides the market down to the bottom. I figure a Manziel signature card would be worth under ten bucks in a couple years. :cigar:

Back