The "World of Sports"... has many many issues

ranbethscards

NASCAR products are back baby!!!!! oh yeah!
Unless you have been hiding under a rock for the last few years, you know that the state of the "World of Sports" has many issues that needs to be addressed... from baseball to football, from basketball to hockey, from NASCAR to Soccer (FIFA).

Here are just a few of the most current story lines that have the World of Sports in an uproar... and twitter accounts blowing up.

I will start with the current football issues and end with NASCAR.

Football - Hardy, found guilty in court (waiting appeal) of Domestic Violence. Had suspension dropped from 10 games to four. Brady, with his Deflate Gate, had his four game suspension upheld by Goodell. The Deflate Gate Investigation does not say that Brady is guilty, while the court system said Hardy WAS guilty. Sad day for the NFL to make judgement without any evidence of proof. (And NO!, Brady destroying his cell phone does not prove guilt). By-the-way, I am a Brady Hater!

Soccer - FIFA. 'nuff said, right? You can't fix stupid.

Baseball - There are so many issues here that it would take me years to list CURRENT problems, let alone issues from a year ago. But... and I am only repeating what I heard on ESPN's Pardon The Interruption (PTI)... isn't it strange that after sitting out a year, due to his PED use, A-Rod is having one of the best years of his career... but is NOT being tested for PED use? Now, I don't know how true that statement is, but if the boys on PTI are making the statement, then it must have some merit.

Hockey - The only issues I really see with this sport is... how can the NFL and Baseball hand out five year, multi-million dollar contracts (averaging $2 Million per year), while the NHL signs players to five years contracts, and if the player is lucky, he will get $1 Million for the entire contract! And I am NOT talking about big name players. Look at what first year MLB players make compared to first year NHL players. Maybe MLB should allow "checking" base runners!

Basketball - Again... there are so many issues here that it would take me years to list CURRENT problems, let alone issues from a year ago.

NASCAR - Kyle Busch broke a leg and foot earlier in the year during the Xfinity Daytona Race. A few weeks later he returns to the Sprint Cup Series, with NASCAR's blessing, but with the understanding that to make the Cup Chase, Kyle would have to win at least one race and finish in the top 30 in points. A couple weeks later, Kyle wins four of five races, with three-in-a-row. He is 23 points shy of being in the top 30. Unless he completely falls apart and doesn't race in the remaining races, he will finish in the top 30. But... for argument sake... let's say he does not make the top 30. How can you say that the TOP WINNER of 2015 (right now he is tied with most wins with Jimmie Johnson) is NOT in the Chase?

Okay, I could go on-and-on, but I think you get the jest of my rant. What are the issues YOU have with the World of Sports today?

Football - Hardy, found guilty in court (waiting appeal) of Domestic Violence. Had suspension dropped from 10 games to four.
Being a Carolina Panthers fan...I found the Greg Hardy situation very interesting. He was found guilty by a bench trial...meaning a judge weighs the evidence and decides guilt or innocence. Apparently this is something that happens in North Carolina. Anyway, he was found guilty and then appealed (which he can do) in order to have his case heard by a jury. This happened before the start of the 2014 season.

Hardy played week 1 for Carolina before the owner yielded to public pressures and placed him the Commissioner's list which ended his season. A few months later...Hardy's trial date arrived and the victim failed to show up and testify. It turned out that Hardy had paid her off and she dropped it.

I just find it interesting that he was found guilty...appealed...demanded a jury trial...and then paid off his victim which resulted in her refusing to cooperate. It seems to me that he is far more guilty than Brady (and I can't stand Brady either). I think the whole "destroyed phone" story is blown way out of proportion.

Back